“Just a one night stay”

Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Swindon
Albrighton, United Kingdom
“Just a one night stay”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Clean and friendly hotel. Reception staff very good made my arrival and booking in easy. Lots of choice with an Italian restaurant and a "pub style" restaurant to choose from, oh there is a Starbucks as well. Just across the road there is a cinema, a lazer quest and an Indian restaurant, so this hotel does have a lot to offer in its location. For those who like to keep fit the hotel has a "gym spa". Rooms were clean well presented and had very comfy bed. Great bathroom with a good shower and good quality towels: Breakfast was the usual self service style with the produce well cooked and again of good quality. The $100 question is would I say again. Answer is yes most defiantly

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mick M
Andrew S, General Manager at Village Hotel Swindon, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank for taking the time to Review the Hotel
It was great to read your comments and to know your $100 question was a Yes to return.
Look forward to seeing you again soon and thanks again for your comments, I will ensure the Team are made aware.
Andrew Spink

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mellor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I can't fault this hotel at all and will most certainly be returning in the future. The manager met us at the door and carried our luggage to the room, he couldn't have been more helpful. The most comfortable bed which resulted in an excellent night's sleep. Very friendly staff. The shower was the best hotel shower ever. Despite the hotel being very busy we had a very quiet stay, the room was situated overlooking a grassed area and trees. A good english breakfast and burger and chips for tea for £3 which we expected to be average for that price but it was actually very nice. I would recommended this hotel to anyone. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest
Thanks for taking the time to Review the Hotel.
I was really pleased to read your positive comments, thank you.
It was nice to chat to you in Reception and I hope the Horse Event you were attending went well.
See you next year and thanks again
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Good hotel, friendly staff, very quiet good food ~ we have stayed here about 7 times . Location is good we visited Bristol, Bath and Gloucester. Bowling, laser quest and food within walking distance. Pub across the road behind the sports centre and Asda. We went upper deck, worth paying that little extra for better coffee and TV channels.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew S, General Manager at Village Hotel Swindon, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guest
Thanks for your great Review and for coming back to see us so often !
The Hotel is a great place to stay and visit the surrounding areas and we are delighted you like coming back so often.
Next time you visit, let me know it would be nice to say hello personally.
Thanks again and best wishes
cirencester
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Myself and my Mum came Saturday 21st June for just the one night, had a lovely time, room was nice, clean the beds were comfy, it was a little dark just some pastel lampshades not black and hey presto ,it was quite a long way to get to the room for my Mum but this was my mistake as I should of asked for a room closer to the lift,

We had drinks in the lovely big court yard garden which was a lovely surprise as on the brochure says nothing about this lovely feature of the hotel then I had a swim, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam which was lovely and relaxing. We then had a lovely meal in Buca Di Peppo in the hotel, we had a slight problem with our order but this was promptly dealt with by the friendly staff.

we finished our evening in the Victory Pub in the Hotel, where a gentleman was playing his guitar and singing, can't remember his name he was very good.
After a good nights sleep we had a lovely breakfast which was in the Buca Di Peppo restaurant or could of been taken outside in the courtyard garden.
Myself and my Mum will definitely be back hopefully soon xx

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest
Many thanks for your Review, we really appreciate it and I was delighted to read how much you and your Mum enjoyed your visit.
Great to hear you could take advantage of the nice Weather and enjoy drinks in the Courtyard (our Secret Garden). Thanks for your comments on the Food and Service in Buca do Beppo and we look forward to seeing you back again soon.
Scotland
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I haven't actually been to Las Vegas, so perhaps I shouldn't use that city as a metaphor. Anyway, my family of four stayed here for two nights, and I found the whole experience strangely impersonal and unsettling. The fault lies in the modernity of the building, I feel, which can't really be changed. It's lacking in character and very plastic feeling. And the decor of the dining room! One word - tacky. More words: the hotel feels like a long meandering corridor of a place; when we got to our room it contained only a double bed, despite my having booked a family room. This initial irritation, however, was dealt with very speedily when I called reception, as housekeeping arrived promptly and set up the sofa bed. The room was large, quiet, clean and functional. And characterless. Breakfast was greasy, unimaginative but plentiful. The dining room was a horrific, crowded, noisy experience; made worse, for my young, shy daughter at least, by the over-exuberant maitre d', who insisted, both mornings, on engaging her, loudly, in conversation. She was terrified. Frankly, I'm not all that keen on such bombastic bonhomie so early in the morning either. But that is my only complaint about staff - the ladies on reception were pleasant, and I ought to mention one young chap who worked in the bar in the evening, who went above and beyond the call of duty tending to our table of 11 (friends joined us). He deserved a medal. And I have to admit, the price of our stay was exceptionally reasonable, so if it's value for money you're after, by all means book the Village Urban Resort. If it's something a little more... quaint? British? Tasteful? Steer well clear.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Andrew S, General Manager at Village Hotel Swindon, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest
Thanks for your Review, I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.
It was nice to read you found the Team helpful but I was sorry to read the style and layout of the Hotel and Buca di Beppo was not to your liking.
The additional comments you made will be reviewed by the Team and thanks for letting me know.
Redditch
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed on the night of 30th June.

Check in was quick, efficient and polite.

The room was clean and tidy, tea coffee etc.

Food from the bar (fish and chips) was served quickly and was hot, tasty and very generous in portion size.

*Quick tip, I was going to get room service but there is a £ 3.50 service charge. The staff are more than happy to give you a tray so you can take your food back to the room. This way I was able to put as much salt and vinegar on my chips as I wanted.

Breakfast was very nice, a large selection to choose from all nice and hot. If you ask for Gluten free bread, they will bring it to you already toasted. Breakfast staff were very friendly and attentive.

Free WiFi through out hotel always a nice touch, and its a reasonable speed, always appreciated.

All in all, very nice, I would stay again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest
Thanks for your Review, we really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback.
It was nice to know you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Glad to read you enjoyed the Fish and Chips from the Victory Pub, a local favourite.
Best wishes and thanks again for your Review.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We spent 4 nights in this hotel last week and my husband is back again on a business trip. On my first stay, the mattress protector was covered with hair and the mattress had all sorts of stains of gross fluid! On complaining, another room was offered. However, on a second time stay, we encountered the same issues. The mattress protector was filthy and covered with hair. Although another room has been offered, I feel this hotel does not care about the hygiene, health and safety of the customers. I wanted to speak to the Manager last time but he/she wasn't 'available'. I will have to request the company to give their business to some other hotel as the thought of going back to this hotel with disgusting mattress and bed is dreadful. I wouldn't be surprised if I see a standard nonsense 'apologies' reply to this review. They have other facilities like gym, spa and restaurant which is good. But going back to basics, good hygiene and sanitation comes foremost!

Room Tip: Check the mattress protector, bed sheet and mattress before unpacking your luggage!