Visited here for one night on our way to Devon. I'm a member of the Velocity gym so got a good discount on the room (£70 for a standard family room with breakfast included).
All the staff we encountered were very pleasant, friendly and the reception staff in particular made a real fuss of our little girl, which she loved! Check in (and out) was smooth, efficient and left you with a good first impression of the hotel.
Rooms were modern and tastefully decorated, clean, tidy and had all the facilities you would expect from a modern hotel (inc. free wifi). Rooms also smelled really nice, a bit like lemongrass, which was welcoming as you walked in. Decent size cable tv, with good selection including all the sports channels (if you don't fancy watching the game in the bar). Most importantly, the beds were comfortable so you got a restful nights sleep.
Access to the gym, pool & jacuzzi included in the room price. Pool was a little small for any serious swimmers out there but great for a quick dip and there was a separate shallow pool area for young children.
Breakfast was buffet style with continental and cooked options. The majority of the breakfast was fine but avoid the croissants. They were dreadful. Hard, plastic looking, long-life things with very little taste. The Italian restaurant was closed the evening we were there so can't comment on the quality of the dinner menu. We opted to eat in the bar instead. Some of the menu options were on the pricey side (£16 for a burger) and there wasn't a huge choice of meals, mainly consisting of flatbread/pizzas, wraps and jacket potatoes. That said, The bar food was better than in a lot of hotel bars and was enjoyable.
I would recommend this hotel for its facilities, rooms and friendly atmosphere and if I was ever staying in Swindon again I would choose this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Swindon is situated on Shaw Ridge Leisure Park and 3 miles from Swindon Town Centre. The Leisure Park has a bowling alley, multi screen cinema, restaurant, Pizza Hut and a public house. Within walking distance is an ice skating rink, a small shopping area with supermarket, post office, pharmacy, petrol station. Great Western Designer Outlet Village is within a 10 minute walk. Village Hotel Swindon has 147 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Swindon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Village Swindon Hotel Swindon
- Swindon De Vere Shaw Ridge
- Village Hotel Swindon Wiltshire