“Perfect place to stay for shopping outlet”

Village Hotel Swindon
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Swindon
Reviewed 14 April 2009

We stayed here after getting a £10 deal on last minute - and were really surprised. The hotel is in a good location (near enough to the motorway to be easy to find, but not close enough to be troubled by the noise) and is situation on a leisure park with bowling, cinema, pizza hut etc. Its is brilliant if you are staying in Swindon for the shopping as the Great Western outlet and Marlborough are just down the road. The staff were pleasant and friendly and the room was really nice. There was also a lovely courtyard garden that would be great in the nicer weather, and the pool/gym also looked really good. My only downside to this hotel would be the bar prices - which to be honest are frightening - but then you generally expect that in hotels! If you can get a deal I would definetly stay here.

• Stayed: April 2009

Reviewed 18 March 2009

We stayed for one night on a £10 deal. The hotel was easy to find- it's on a leisure park with ten pin bowling, cinema etc. so well signposted from ring roads. The room was well decorated, clean and well furnished. The bed was comfy and we had tea making equipment. The check in receptionist could have been a little more welcoming- a smile goes a long way. My only real grouse was that the room was far too warm- we'd turned off the radiator so it must be unbearable in summer. I woke up in the night because I was so hot! We didn't eat in so can't comment on standard of food.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2009

Stayed for one night at Shaw Ridge with my wife and child (aged 11). We managed to get a Premium Double room on the De Vere website for £10!! When we arrived they had no record of our booking, this has happened before with De Vere so luckily we had printed off our confirmation e-mail as proof.
Once in our room we noticed that the extra bed had not been put in place. Went back to reception and told them i was not happy about this and the fact that they had no record of my reservation. Within 5 mins we were upgraded to a Suite on the 2nd floor which was bigger than our house!! Fantastic value for a tenner! Checked the price list behind reception and this room should have cost me £165!!
The leisure facilities are superb, great gym and an excellent pool. All the staff are very helpful. Nice bar aswell to relax in the evening.
In the evening we visited Fusion Chinese restaurant just across the car park. Absolutely superb! All you can eat for £10.99 per adult, slightly over priced for Swindon but really good food and we were not hurried at all. The desserts for a chinese restaurant were also excellent. The prawns in black pepper are particularly good!
After our meal we headed back to the bar for a nightcap before retiring to our huge room for the night.
Another swim in the morning and then and excellent breakfast. We have stayed in several De Vere's now and we have never had a bad breakfast. For £7.50 we thought it was excellent value and again the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The only reason i haven't given this 5 stars is because the check in was a pain as they had no record of my booking and also if i was paying full price i think i would have been slightly dissappointed about the room quality, both rooms we saw, even the suite, looked like they could do with a refurb, they weren't dity, just tired!
To sum up, we had an excellent time and the facilities are fantastic. For £10 it was an absolute bargain!
Please De Vere if you are reading this then sort out your online booking system so guests don't have to prove they have booked when they turn up!! Its humiliating and frustrating!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2009

I stayed here last weekend with my wife for 3 nights. We only paid £10 pn! Therefore this was a fantastic value hotel for that price. If we were to pay full price I would have been disappointed. Quite tired and shabby in places and the rooms are not that spectacular. I would say this was an average 3 star. Around the area there are lots more better places to stay we have seen than this. It is quite good for business users, good WiFi and relaxing areas and decent location.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2009

For the price I paid, £29.00 a night, this hotel was excellent. My stay was during the holiday period between christmas and new year.

However if I paid the full rate I would have been hugely disappointed. The hotel opened in the early 1990's and nothing has changed, same carpet, wallpaper, bathrooms, and furniture. This used to be a good solid 4 star hotel, but is now in desperate need of renovation. The bathrooms are very poor with mouldy grout making it particularly unappealing.

The sound proofing between the rooms is poor. I was woken up at 06:00am as either housekeeping or maintenance worked in the next-door room. No need for this, as hotel was empty.

Room service was poor and disorganised, however food was good.

The 3 star review is purely due to the price I paid, at £29.00 I got value for money. However if I had paid more than £50.00 a night I would have been disappointed. Anything above £90.00 would

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2009

Stay Happy 2 Night Stay: Standard Double. English Breakfast. £55 per room per night. (Total £110)
Great hotel. Stayed here for my birthday weekend with our two 'kids' 18 and 20. Not a lot to do in the area but all we wanted was somewhere to chill for a couple of days so ideal.
Great pool (small), bubble, steam and gym. Breakfast tasty and plentiful. Chef very willing and produced excellent fish.
Ate out at excellent Chinese Buffet and very mediocre Pizza Hut. Very busy hotel with lots of conferences on, so business must be good.
Will stay again but will travel further afield to eat.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 29 September 2008

Me and my partner stayed here 19th Sept for 2 nights over the weekend. Was a great stay, lovely building in a great location... right on a leisure park with lots to do in and around the area.

We just had a standard room which was clean and tidy, of a usual size with a basic bathroom.
Hotel had a nice swimming pool with a sauna and steam room.

The overall experience was pleasent and excellent value for money with bed and breakfast!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple