Stayed as part of a tour group for two nights. The hotel, built in an 80's style, is in a characterless situation and is in desparate need of refurbishment.
The fact that we were in a group may be the reason why we were given a room that was shabby with peeling wallpaper and dodgy wiring. Similarly, with the exception of breakfast, because the group had a fixed dinner menu on both nights, maybe this was the reason why the food was so bad - poor ingredients cooked to make them even worse. The pork on the first night was inedible and the cheesecake on the second night was a marvel to food technology. Everything about both meals was a disaster.
Or maybe you don't have to be in group to have such a bad experience?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Swindon is situated on Shaw Ridge Leisure Park and 3 miles from Swindon Town Centre. The Leisure Park has a bowling alley, multi screen cinema, restaurant, Pizza Hut and a public house. Within walking distance is an ice skating rink, a small shopping area with supermarket, post office, pharmacy, petrol station. Great Western Designer Outlet Village is within a 10 minute walk. Village Hotel Swindon has 147 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Village Hotel Swindon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Village Swindon Hotel Swindon
- Swindon De Vere Shaw Ridge
- Village Hotel Swindon Wiltshire