“no nonsense business hotel”

Swindon Marriott Hotel
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Swindon
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This is a typical hotel caters to business travellers, room is clean, comfortable, front staff tried very hard to accomodate early arrivals from the US flights (9am arrival), very much appreciated. I have stayed a few times, last one had a service fluke (my towel and shampoo were missing, but I did not realize until stepping into shower, oops). The staff was very apologetic, people make mistakes, no one is perfect. the hotel is walking distance to old town Swindon, with some choices for pub food, not bad. I tried to stay there whenever I could.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here for four nights. Two on points (10,000 per night) and two nights on a dining package (included breakfast daily and supper one night). We made it from London Heathrow in an hour and ten minutes. It wasn't a bad drive at all on the M-4. We had an efficient check-in and were given a deluxe guest room. I'm a Marriott Platinum member, hence the upgrade. There is no executive level there, and unlike Hilton properties they did not offer the complimentary drinks each day, or some of the other perks that Hilton does for its frequent guests. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The air conditioning (yes, it was actually quite warm during our stay!) worked well and kept us comfortable. I was afraid that this location was a bit out of the way for our day trips to Oxford and the Cotswolds; however, we found it easy to get to and from our daily journeys. We did Oxford the first day, and then toured through the Cotswolds the next two. This turned out to be a good location for us. We did have some problems with our dinner. The service was a bit slow, and the servers didn't know what was included on our dinner package. We received a desert which was not what we ordered, and not very tasty! The main dishes were tasty, however, and we received generous portions. Also, although it said on our reservation that dinner was included daily; we were told that it was good for only one night. When I produced our reservation information, the supervisor, Swapril, did a very good job of taking care of the situation. He offered us a free drink and sandwich in the bar. We found this to be satisfactory for us. Overall, the hotel was very comfortable, the parking free (even though it said it was 10 GBP on their website), and the recreational facilities seemed adequate. The staff were very welcoming and were committed to making our stay enjoyable. The buffet breakfast was extensive with the typical hot and cold breakfast dishes you come to expect at the Marriott. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel. It's in a good location, and provides a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are very spacious...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jdmckay
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This is an amazing hotel. We have been lucky enough to stay in so many 'luxury' hotels but have rarely had the customer service as was given at the Marriott in Swindon. From check-in to check-out nothing was too much trouble. Every effort was made to make our stay the best and with a 2 year old with us it was very much appreciated. The rooms are lovely, and not dated as I had been led to believe. The bar was great and the pool excellent. We had a fantastic stay and look forward to returning one day. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Bombelle
Reviewed 16 May 2012

After 2 days of business meetings at this hotel I feel that I can recommend this place as a great place to hold your meetings.
The staff couldn't do enough for us, the room was a good size, facilities were great and the food/buffets were one of the best we have offered our delegates.

Not so good points - you have to pay extra for WiFi even after you have spent hundreds of pounds over two days. I even asked for it to be included and was refused. The reception for my dongle was not good either!

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Reception nice and staff very helpful and friendly.

Room was small and in need of an update although it was clean. The gym was big and had everything you needed but the swimming pool and spa were up some stairs and not right next to it. It was a bank holiday weekend and the pool was very busy and the jacuzzi was tiny.

I would stay there again but the pool area and rooms need renovating.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Working nearby, I elected to stay at the Marriott Hilton. Whilst the communal hotel areas and room were clean, the decor was dated and I do not believe I received value for money. The staff were friendly and very accommodating, but the food was standard and the room service menu was quite limited. Did not use the swimming pool and gym. Breakfast was very disappointing.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Basically a business hotel but the rates were too good to let them go. The rooms and bathrooms were quite dated but neat and clean. Breakfast was standard and boring.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family