“Just can't go wrong” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Swindon
Miami, Florida
“Just can't go wrong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

We stayed there in late March for two nights and found the comfortable and well appointed. The grounds are well kept and the breakfast offers many options. There is also a fitness center. However, the best thing about the Marriott Swindon is the staff. They go out of their way to ensure that you are in fact treated as a guest while there. Everyone at the front desk seems to genuinely enjoy their job; everyone we encountered in the halls greeted us with a smile - even the staff in the fitness center and the cleaning staff were pleasant and cheerful.

I requested some clotted cream in the room to surprise my wife and this was provided - free. What a treat. I also lost a USB drive and it was returned to me by housekeeping. Overall we enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would not hesitate to return if in the area again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert B, Manager at Swindon Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we hope to see you again in he future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Very easy to find even with a satnav,I checked in 2 hours early as my room was ready. Comfortable room, clean, there's is now free internet throughout the hotel so there are no excessive charges, well done Marriott. Ate at the Restaurant which had 2 courses for £17 which is excellent value, with a good choice of dishes, Service was prompt and polite, and the food excellent. The only slight drawback is the vicinity of the leisure club means the reception area does have a slight wiff of chlorine from the pool, but all in all not bad at all

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Yorkshire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

Stayed at this hotel on business for two nights. I disagree with the reviewer who said it was hard to find - my ancient satnav got me right to the door first time ! Check in was good and the receptionist was friendly and chatty. The staff in 'Chats' bar were attentive and it didn't take them long to remember my order which was a nice touch - it made the bar seem more like a local pub than a clinical hotel. And it generally had a nice relaxed vibe.
I ate at the hotel both evenings. The food was excellent on the first night, not quite so good on the second. The 'specials' menu provided very good value and quality.
I only had continental breakfast which was well stocked with the standard items.

The room was pretty standard, good desk space, expensive in room internet. Good TV and choice of channels. Lots of hanging and drawer space, and a comfy bed and pillows. The air con was old and noisy which was the only real negative

Good stay, and great staff. I noticed a few rude guests who were obviously too important to use manners but the staff were equally nice to them all - not sure I would have been !

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Christchurch, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

Have stayed at this Marriott numerous times with my wife and recently with my wife and daughter. The hotel is excelllently located within walking distance of the Old Town which has a good selection of places to eat, Pub Food and Restaurants. It is also conveniently locasted for a 5 minute drive into the centre of Swindon and about 5-10 minute drive to the Outlet Village. Hotel has a Gym & nice little swimming pool free for Guests to use. Staff are always on hand to assist and nothing is too much trouble. In room dining is good as is the restaurant food. I love their buffet breakfast sets you up for a days shopping.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

Hotel needs to provide a cross street for GPS users. We spent about 30 minutes circling around trying to find this hotel in which the GPS leads us to middle of the road near wooded area. The hotel is located next door to Intel. Family friendly hotel. Room door was a bit hard to close which would result in slamming noise.

Room was was typical Marriott room - clean, roomy and comfy. Had an issue with room service. When I called they told me they will call me back for my order. After waiting for extended period of time I called them back and was told that they had called the wrong room. I placed my order and it arrived in reasonable amount of time. Food was good.

The major downside is the chlorine-like smell of the swimming pool emanating throughout the first floor of the hotel.

The breakfast buffet was nice display of tasty variety of foods. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I have checked the GPS details with google maps to ensure it is compatible with satalite navigation systems and street view will be added shortly.

We will look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

We had a 'family' wedding in the Swindon area, so there were quite a few people staying at the hotel including the Bridal party. The Staff could not do enough for us. Once they realised we were the Bridal Party, from then nothing was too much bother! We were upgraded to a 'suite' which was fantastic when you have a Bride and 4 Bridesmaids getting ready! It was a perfect weekend which was enhanced by the wonderful and friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank melindamistry
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with and and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our hotel again soon.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

My partner and I have stayed here many times when touring the Southwest, the hotel has always been clean and tidy with good room sizes that are modern and well equipped, the staff have always been very friendly and willing to help which has made our experience positive. Whilst the location of the hotel is not the best (its on the outskirts of the old town) it is convienant for the motorway and a short drive will get you into the town. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013