“Excellent hotel, perfect location!”

Swindon Marriott Hotel
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Swindon
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

After debating which hotel to stay in Swindon we went for the Marriott and were not disappointed!
There's plenty of parking, the staff are so friendly and helpful, our room was very clean, the breakfast was lovely- buffet style and a little hectic on the 2nd morning due to a wedding party but the food was fresh and there was still plenty of tables!
5 minute taxi from the old town with lots of restaurants and bars.
We will be staying here again next time we return to Swindon and will be booking Marriott hotels in different locations too from now on!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank AG1302

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Very nice Marriott. Convenient to area, short 20 min walk to shopping district, 1 hr drive to Stonehenge. Excellent on-site fitness center and pool is a destination fitness club for locals. Short walk/jog (0.5 mi) to national bike/running trail through the countryside that crosses Wilts and Berks Canal (entrance is at end of Signal Way, hotel staff can point you in the right direction). Hotel bar and restaurant served good food, reasonably priced. Breakfast selections were broad and fresh each morning.

Room Tip: Backside/courtyard rooms were quieter in the morning.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Generally this is a good hotel with decent rooms and facilities. The rooms were located on four floors above the ground level in the hotel which is in a T shape. I am pleased to report that the lifts (elevators) in this hotel are really impressive as we never waited long for a car and they sped up and down very efficiently. The air conditioning in the room was a wall mounted unit rather than a built in system and was a bit noisey, though effective. Breakfast was fairly average and had the usual offerings for this type of establishment, though there were no prunes according to one of my companions. Dinner was a bit disorganised, there was no table service and we had to contend with a self-service buffet arrangement. Food was fairly ok though there was not much main choice and we had to wait as the kitchen seemed a bit inefficient at supplying the food when customers required it. Overall, a reasonable experience.

Room Tip: The top floor was nice and quiet during my stay.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Currently staying at the Marriott on long teem assignment.
As always the Marriott brand offers the usual comfortable stay and professional service.

Choice, price and quality of food could be better, though all in all for the convenience and location this meets the mark.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TestConsultant
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Check-in was fine, staff polite and welcoming. We were given rooms on the 1st floor which is where the meeting rooms etc were and there was a lot of congregating around the coffee and biscuits which were located next to the lift and this was a little annoying when waiting for a lift, at least we were at the back of the hotel.
We were asked on check-in if we wanted breakfast, which was not included, for £9.99. This we took and to be fair was reasonable value for this type of establishment, especially when we were able to eat outside on the patio, as the weather was so nice.
The room was smallish but the a/c which worked was very noisy during the night.
Reasonable all round stay and the usual gripe that you had to go to the lobby for free internet or pay silly money in the room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ABritEnglandUK
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We watched the World Cup final in the chats bar, very friendly stuff, beers (Guinness) expensive but if you want a relaxed comfortable place, very very clean place including the toilets. Also has free wifi great as you get no signal with EE or Vodafone.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank NGAMILO
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at Swindon Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear NGAMILO
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that your stay with the Swindon Marriott Hotel was enjoyable.

Ahmed Maghrabi
Guest Relations Manager
Swindon Marriott
mhrs.swidt.guest.relations.officer@marriotthotels.com
01793 512 121

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed 3 times at this hotel over the past week. The first time I checked in was at around noon and I was given an absolutely fantastic room. Clean, quiet, and working AC. The front desk staff were great and were able to answer every concern I had without any issues.

The second night I stayed here, I checked in around 9 PM. There was a prom happening so it was very loud in the lobby and also outside the hotel in front while all the kids were waiting for their rides. I made a simple request for a quiet room on the opposite side of the hotel. I could tell right away that I was not going to receive A+ customer service. Everything was "We are very busy", "Not sure if I can help", and "Need to check with my manager". They said they were going to give me a quiet room, and I ended up with a room directly over the entrance where all the noise was focused. I was going to just put some headphones in, but then I went to put the AC on and found that it wasn't working. When I went down to discuss this with the front desk staff, they had to go up to the room and see if I was telling the truth. They then moved me to a "superior room" which was the same as a regular room with an extra plant on the table. This room had an AC that turned on at least, but the room maintained a constant 27 degrees C (80 degrees F) all night long.

The next morning I went down to speak with the day staff, and just like the first night we stayed, everything was taken care of immediately. Discount on our room rate, we were moved to a room that had working AC, and apologies were given all around.

I really wanted to give the hotel 5 stars, but sadly I was forced to work with your night staff, and that's what dropped the rating, plain and simple.

Room Tip: 4th floor seems to have all the working ACs. Per management, All AC units are supposedly going to be...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank David G
Guest Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at Swindon Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on your stay. We appreciate all comments, as these help us to improve our service. We work hard to deliver excellent customer service, and have forwarded your comments onto our team.

We will be having a full AC Refurbishment in September, which is great news for all our guests. We are also working on developing our teams to ensure we can meet your and our expectations. We hope you choose to stay with us again in the near future.

Kind Regards