“Excellent - Would definitely use again!!”

Swindon Marriott Hotel
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Swindon
Reviewed 3 May 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel with our two children (6 and 10 yrs). There was ample room for all of us and staff were excellent and very accomodating to our requests. The pool was great for my children, and didn't even need to bring extra towels. We would say that the restaurant was quite expensive in the evening but there are a couple of excellent places locally to eat if you have children which were very reasonably priced. Location of hotel is great too and very easy to find. Breakfasts were excellent too, I would recommend going to the B&B option and ring hotel rather than book online as I found they gave me a better deal.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 March 2010

Great service in the loung bar and restaurant.
Try the oxtail and scallop starter - its delicious.
Good shopping at the Great Western Outlet Village.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2009

Booked this hotel via there own website the day before and was impressed to get it for £65 inc breakfast...... arrived at 3pm, parked car in car park ( huge and seemed safe), and checked in immediately, the chap on reception was swift, friendly and very helpful ( he drew me a map to get to the nightclub where i was playing that night - I'm in a band), first impressions was what a nice reception area!!!, hope rooms are like this?....... i was right, booked double room of which was lovely.. huge bed, big room, everything was spotless......used leisure club twice, this was nice too!, ate in the restaurant before gig and it was nice and good value however portion size was a bit disappointing....... service was the best ever in there but not intrusive......... got back from gig at 2am and slept well and woke refreshed......... breakfast was again fantastic with lots of choice ( buffet style), check out was quick and several members of staff wished me a safe journey ( nice touch that)........CONCLUSION - i normally stay at Hilton's and this was my first time in a Marriott....... it wont be my last!...worth every penny!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2009

My partner, 8 yr old daughter and I sayed here over half term for a bit of family time away. This hotel was perfect for us. We were allocated a 2 dble bedded room, which was much appreciated by my daughter, who normally gets the sofa bed in hotels!
The hotel was extremely clean and well maintained. We enjoed swimming in the pool. Not the hugest of pools by any stretch of the imagination, but we knew this before, and it was great for a dip. There was also a good gym.
We got an excellent rate for b&b and dinner on the 1st night, where we were allowed to choose nearly anything from the restaurant menu. We were very impressed not only with the value for money that this provided, but also because we found the quality to be excellent. We had to pay for my daughter's meal. burt her portions were virtually the size of an adult portiion, and also of excellent quality. There was also an excellent choice at breakfast and this was again of a really high standard (nice to have full sized pastries as opposed to the mini ones that are so often prominent at breakfasts).
The thing that stood out for us about this hotel was the exceptional service we received. Every single member of staff was cheerful, helpful and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. They made us feel realy special, which I think makes all the difference to a hotel anf the enjoyment factor.
My only negative comments would be that the bathrooms could possibly be due for an upgrade, and the hotel is not in the centre of Swindon. (parking was free though, which was good).
We would reccomment theis hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Swindon, we had a lovely time!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2009

Stayed at this hotel on a business trip and have stayed here before. Great Hotel, clean and well run but reception staff are not at all welcoming and lack even basic reception skills - ie no hello or goodbye or enquired if we enjoyed our stay. Rooms are very comfortable. Beds are soft and comfortable and bed linen is excellent with plenty of pillows, which makes a change. Bathrooms are well stocked with plenty of towels and bath products. All in all an excellent stay but reception staff need improvement in customer communication skills.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2009

I booked the hotel online and requested for a double bed and called a day before arrival to confirm booking including the double bed. The lady that answered the phone confirmed that they have received my booking and that everything is ok including the request for a double bed. When we arrived, we were told that there is no double room, after complaining and providing evidence that I called and that the booking was confirmed, they reluctantly allocated an executive room with the window overlooking a roof and my boy had to sleep on a makeshift bed. For the three nights that were at the hotel, I could not sleep because the air conditioner makes so much noise it feels as if we were in an industrial estate.
The web site advertised a free internet (wireless), when I requested for the wireless password, I was told that there will be a surcharge.

Toilet was dirty, linen has stains on it, for Marriot the standard of the hotel was below par.

But the breakfast was good and the restaurant staffs were helpful.

But we were very disappointed by the standard of service, especially at the reception. They were uninterested in the fact that were not happy with the service provided at their hotel.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Tito18
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Had great weekend at the Marriott, Swindon. Stayed for 2 nights Fri/Sat on a BB basis with the 1st night evening meal included in the price. All staff very efficent and polite, we were checked in at reception in no time. Only downfall was that the main restaurant was closed for refurbishment whilst we were there so one of the huge conference rooms was turned into the dining room. Meal however was fab could not fault it at all, this included a 3 course meal (only things you had to pay for were any sides/drinks). Our meal shouls have cost £80 but only paid £20 for our drinks! Very impressed. As usual with Marriott hotels, rooms are very comfy and clean. Buffet style breakfast was great, served between 7.30 and 11.00 on weekends (so no need to get up too early), loads of choice, full english to fruit and cereal. Great hotel for exploring swindon and surrounding areas. Hotel is set in a quiet location just on the outskirts of swindon town centre. Recommend Coate Water Park (nearby) if you enjoy walking and Cotswold Wildlife Park was also a great day out.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple