We stayed at the hotel for a one night, bank holiday break away as the price was good and the location suited. The welcome from the Deputy Manager on reception was excellent with a good explanation of facilities and charges. The room itself was basic but very clean with a few very well thought through features such as plug sockets next to the bed and a hairdryer next to the mirror. Dinner in the restaurant was good although the service could have been improved - although the staff member was very pleasant. Food was of a good quality and the winelist was a good price. Breakfast in the morning was a lovely continental buffet and the service was excellent. We were offered the chance to have a cooked breakfast for a supplement but we opted for the continental as there was such a good choice.
Overall, although the rooms are a little basic and there is some road noise if the window is open, the service was excellent and I would recommend to anyone looking for this type of break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refurbishment completed Jan 2009, including all bedrooms, restaurant and bar. It is now modern and comfortable with Free Wi-Fi internet, ideal for business or leisure. Bedrooms: Comfy Beds, Flat screen TV, Courtesy tray and all en suite. English and Continental Breakfast. Restaurant open Lunch and Dinner featuring savory and sweet buffets, food all day. Bar with Sky TV. Hotel was taken over by Campanile from Ibis Jan 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Louvre hotels and Booking.com so you can book your Campanile Swindon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Campanile Swindon Hotel Swindon
- Hilton Garden Inn Swindon
- Campanile Swindon Wiltshire