“Lovely place, lovely owners!”
Review of Rulfcott Lodge

Rulfcott Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swindon
Rulfcott Lodge
Ranked #28 of 44 Swindon B&B and Inns
Claremont
“Lovely place, lovely owners!”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I stayed at the Rulfcott for two weeks and it was a wonderful experience. My room looked out over a lovely garden full of flowers and lovely birds. My room was very comfortable and clean as a whistle! Christine and Andy made me feel like family and went way beyond what B&B owners normally do to accomodate guests. I couldn't have had a more pleasant stay wth them and would stay again at the Rulfcott Lodge in a heartbeat!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Hatfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed in the Rulfcott 5 nights a week for over 12 months while working on a contract in Swindon. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and great value for £ 30 a night.
Christine and Andy were always helpful and friendly and a great source of local information, which helped me to feel at home in the area. Christine even drove me 5 miles to work on two occasions when my car was being serviced. The last reviewer obviously experienced some sort of breakdown in communication, but gives a very misleading impression of this warm and welcoming B & B.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

She knew I was travelling to Swindon that day from Yorkshire via Colchester and the M25, so we exchanged phone numbers. She sympathised at my gruelling journey and apologised that there would be no breakfast as her mother was dying and she was tired out, which I didn't mind, saying I'd bring my own. In the end I knew I would arrive later than 'early evening' so tried to call them from Reading Services on the M4. No reply. I couldn't find the place according to their instructions and over a 2 hour period was unable to get any reply on landline or mobile. Finally, in desperation having wandered around the local area for over an hour, I stopped at a local pub where a man swilling beer outside said 'You've got a problem there. It's my guest house. Hang on, I'll get the missus'. Missus came out and I drove her home, complaining all the while about her dying mother - who was obviously an excuse to spend all evening in the pub when expecting a guest. She said 'When it got to 5 o'clock we thought you wouldn't turn up'. When I asked her why she hadn't then called me instead of just 'thinking I wouldn't turn up' and she said 'Oh usually when you call a mobile they turn it off'. So why, I thought, did she bother taking my number in the first place? Too tired to think straight, I paid £30 in cash (£6 reduction for no breakfast) which, considering that the water was only just luke-warm both night and morning making it impossible to have a shower, was daylight robbery. 5-star service with a 3-star rating, they call this. Absolutely scandalous.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Eli0704
London
Reviewed 30 March 2011

Amazing Bed and Breakfast, clean, great breakfasts and friendly people.

Had a wonderful stay and hope work will send me there again so I can stay there.
If only I could find a guest house like this in every town. I would be much happier!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business