“Good honest grub, friendly atmosphere”
Review of Brookhouse Farm

Brookhouse Farm
Ranked #185 of 448 Restaurants in Swindon
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Sn5 5pb
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I've enjoyed all my visits to Brookhouse Farm, the food has always been delicious with no complaints, the service and staff have never disappointed and the locals are lovely people. I've noticed some negative reviews on this site, I can only say some people just can't be pleased. I'd recommend this place to anyone, I will definitely be going back.

1  Thank Nobbyshark
There are newer reviews for Brookhouse Farm

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Visited brook house farm with my sister and her little son and daughter,the staff couldn't have done any more to make all of us feel welcome , the kids were full of smiles as they were given crayons and colouring stuff to do and we didn't have to wait to long for our delicious meals and deserts. well done to all the staff Charlie and Debby are a credit to the pub

1  Thank Sam C
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We booked, at just a weeks notice, a celebratory family event for 20. The venue was very accommodating, they provided a dedicated reserved area for us using their conservatory. The buffet food was very plentiful, it was provided on time and had a good range covering hot and cold selections. Importantly for us we did not have to worry about the event, the staff ensured it proceeded without a hitch. I cannot comment on the experiences others have had but on a cold day in January, likely to be the coldest room in the building the conservatory, the temperature was fine even with most of us in just shirts or blouses; the many staff we met were very pleasant and always willing to help; and finally due to plentiful amounts of food some of our guests asked if they could take a selection of food home - this does not happen if it is "terrible" or "the worst food ever served". We visited very briefly twice beforehand to sort the arrangements and on both occasions the majority of tables were taken. The evidence shows, with many families and couples present, the venue must be offering more than reasonable food, value and service to the majority of their customers on a frequent basis.

1  Thank Wessex_Moonraker
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We decided to go to this restaurant because it has a good sized car park and near to where wewere located on that particular day.
The food was nice and not greasy but half a tomatoe and 1 small mushroom is a garnish rather than food. I drew the short straw when it came to the portion of chips and the lovely large plate was not full enough.
We were asked if our meal was alright but who wants to spoil the day, as we were enjoying it and did not want to complain at the time.
The drinks were lovely and cool and no too expensive, the food was reasonably
priced and the sweets were good.
The restaurant was cold and I had to swop places as I was in a draught.
As the restaurant was cold the food was very quickly cold as well.
The plates were also cold.
The tomatoe was the first thing I tried and it was cold.
We ate quickly so as to get the best out of our food.

Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Greeted with a warm smile and shown to our table , nothing seemed to be too much for the staff , friendly and accommodating, food was hot and plentifull, would recommend them to family and friends