“We gave it another chance and it shone out!”
Review of Chiquito - Swindon

Chiquito - Swindon
Ranked #81 of 478 Restaurants in Swindon
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 'South of the border' passion is always served up at Chiquito. A menu of bold Mexican and Tex-Mex cuisine is prepared however the diner likes it. Burritos, sizzling fajitas and tacos can all be customised for vegetarians or those wanting more spice. A kids menu, games and entertainment add to the family-friendly vibe, and there is a great range of exciting cocktails, mocktails, wines and tequilas.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is our fourth visit to Chiquitos and was made somewhat reluctantly as we had a bad one last time, but we came as my partner has developed some wide ranging dietary intolerances and Chiquitos online menu provided excellent information on every dish prior to our visit allowing her to make an informed judgement on what to order.
Despite being busy, the service was excellent, the staff were really attentive and the quality of the food was very good. We both felt that the serving staff listened very carefully to our requirements and the kitchen staff delivereed perfectly.
Definitely will go back.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Was very much looking forward to a nice meal but was hugely disappointed by the terrible service. We waited over an hour for the starter - a bowl of nachos that were supposed to feed 4 (would be lucky if it fed two people). We then waited a further hour for the main course only to be presented with cold food - they hadn't even bothered to warm up the tortillas, felt like they had just come out of the fridge. Can't really comment on how the food tasted as we didn't stick around to try it - absolutely appalling service! There were lots of other unhappy tables there at the same time, with other groups leaving without receiving their meals.

1  Thank Gemma S
Ella L, General Manager at Chiquito - Swindon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hola Gemma S
I am really sorry that you did not enjoy your visit to Chiquitos, I would like to discuss your visit further with you. I would be grateful if you could email me at ella.lucock@trgplc.com with some more details on your visit, such as the time and date and your contact details and I will be in touch.
Thanks
Ella

Reviewed 24 May 2014

WOW, i like this restaurant. i have visited with my wife and we both like it too much. they provide Mexican food. they provide a spicy pop corn as welcoming. the nachos was great as well as fajita.
i read many reviews for delay to deliver orders and that clear for full booked table restaurant.
i have stayed in Swindon five days and visited this restaurant twice. they were friendly and polite.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We always head to Chiquito's when we're celebrating an occasion :) Today we went for my sister's birthday and we had two waitresses that helped throughout the whole evening, Kelly and Lindsey, who were both incredibly lovely and gave us amazing service. Kelly spotted that it was my sister's birthday so gave her a dessert on the house and decorated it especially for her birthday. The food is incredible and everyone is so happy to help and give you anything that you need throughout the meal. I would recommend this place to anyone as it is suitable for all ages. If you're looking for lovely staff, lovely food and a lovely atmosphere then choose Chiquito's.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Whoaa.. been in Swindon for 4 months and never thought it has a place like this. Definitely reminded me of my days back in the States.. pretty similar ambiance and space (for a change, yes it is spacious unlike other swindon restaurants) & food tastes good too.
Ordered peri-peri chicken, mojito, pina-colada, halumi sizzler & sweet potato fries.
The only downside was peri-peri sauce (definitely only in comparison to Nando's)
Cost wise okay as long as you sit there and enjoy the ambiance. Ample parking outside & a lovely evening. My recommendation is - give it a try.
It also has outdoor seating which is great for summer evenings. Got some spare time?? It's next to Empire cinemas. (forgot to mention, prefer booking a table, it may get full on weekend nights)

1  Thank Roots2Wings