“Delicious!”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I had never tried Caribbean food before and was very sceptical as I don't do hot! I was pleasantly surprised my fish curry was gorgeous, creamy, full of fish and flavour. The restaurant was very noisy but you'll get that wherever you go. We'd never thought of a Caribbean restaurant when looking for somewhere to go for a meal but if your open minded and fancy something a little different this is the place for you.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Goodfood_k

“Outstanding every time!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here a few times over the past year. Fantastic food and service. My favourite dish has to be the mix grill, worth every penny. It's a great mix of meat in one dish. Love it!

2 Thank Simon P
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Deservedly popular, even on a Tuesday!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We visited Moshan on a Tuesday evening, traditionally not a busy night for restaurants, but mid-week makes no difference for this place! It was packed!
This was my second visit, but the first for friends, and we weren't disappointed.
We received a warm, friendly welcome, were shown to our table promptly, and service was great.
We shared some starters between us (stamp & go, aloo balls and veggie pattie) to try a variety of flavours, they didn't last long!
Our main courses were beautifully presented and as our starters, utterly delicious. We enjoyed the Caribbean chicken curry, jerk chicken and veggie curry.
Please, if you haven't been here before, expand your horizons and give this a try, it's worth it!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank SJF73
“Good food, shame about the rum punch”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was really looking forward to visiting this restaurant as I'd hoped it would take me back to our wonderful holiday in the Caribbean last year but unfortunately it didn't deliver. The welcome certainly wasn't as warm as I'd expected, but unfortunately the service was as slow as I remembered from holiday.

Even more unfortunate was what was described as rum punch, but which bore no resemblance to anything I've tasted under that name before (and I have to admit I've drunk a few of them!), as it was a very pink, very sweet cocktail, more like malibu and fruit juice than a proper rum punch.

By the time the food arrived I was already mentally writing my Trip Advisor review, and was going to give them a rating of a three or possibly even a two, however the standard of the food made me change my mind. Everything that we had was really good, with the possible exception of the pattie which had quite tough pastry and it all seemed to have been freshly cooked. There wasn't a huge selection of vegetarian dishes, but what there was, was really tasty.

I probably will go back, but I won't be rushing, and hopefully by the time I return they will have mended the lock on the bathroom door.

• Visited June 2014
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I went Saturday night with some friends and had a fab night!
The staff where great they were busy when we got there as we did not book before which was our own fault, but they offered us to pop next door for a drink while we waited for a table and they would come get us, which we thought was perfect and we only waited about 5 minutes for a table!

We had never had Caribbean food before so the Waitress offered us great food recommendations. There was four of us in our party and only two opted for starters which were two jerk chickens on sticks which were delicious and after trying this, I wish I had it my-self. The main meal we all had something different, I had the jerk chicken for main, someone had fish another steak and another chicken again. All spicy and full of great flavour even the coleslaw was brilliant to cool the meal down, there was no complaint and especially when it comes to having enough food there was plenty I had to get my partner had finish my jerk chicken, I had no complaint! The waitress even recommend a great cocktail for two. The food was fantastic, it was tasty full of different flavours, the service was so relaxed but attentive and such a relaxed atmosphere. There is a lot for great restaurants in Old Town, but this is one not to be missed and by far one of the best!

I am looking forward to my next visit! and I would recommend you all to go along but make sure you book before or if not you can always pop next door for a quick drink before!

• Visited June 2014