“Disappointed”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Wiltshire
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

I have to say that I try to find the good in everyone/everything and try not to comment if not happy, however, it has now taken me four days to comment. Whilst the food was fresh and cooked to order and the member of staff who served me was very chatty, I was extremely disappointed at the cost of the meal £5.35 for standard fish and chips - the portion was very small, actually the size of another locals senior citizens portion for nearly half the price! And not at all tasty. I have to say that it has not left a good taste on our lips and we won't be returning to see if it has improved.

• Visited October 2013

“Terrible - tiny portions”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

I asked for a standard cod and a large chips with a curry sauce. Basically they filled the tray with the fish and threw a handful of chips on top, I paid over £7 for that!! Never again, we have always found the portions small but learnt our lesson for the final time.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Ange0099
Swindon, England, United Kingdom
“not the best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

Well what can i say, i ordered two large chips and yet it did not fill me up. would've been a good chippy if the portions are a bit bigger!

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Anuwar M
Swindon, United Kingdom
“good food- welcoming staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

living locally its handy for me. only having a childs portion of 'fish and chips' most enjoyable- pleasing staff who 'smile' and 'thank you' for visiting. the food was tasty..well done 'Britz'-see you soon. Maz x

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank maz351
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Excellent quality chippy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Although this is not our nearest chippy, this is the one we always use (and is a very popular choice locally).
There is the usuall selection of assorted pies, sausages, sundries etc, with a larger selection of fish than just cod or haddock.
Of the many occasions that I have been here, I've never had a bad experience, except for the occaisional wait for my order to be filled which is understandable with the numbers in the queue before me:)
It is purely a take-away with no seating area, but has ample parking being in the West Swindon shopping complex.

• Visited January 2013