“Very busy, food trays still full and tasty though”

Hongxin Oriental Buffet
Ranked #91 of 462 Restaurants in Swindon
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Japanese
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Delicious oriental cuisine, Fruity cocktails, Teppanyaki, Icecream, Chocolate Fountain, Salald, Sushi, etc. Panoramic window view of the Peatmoor Lake, Traditional interior and exterior design, Comprehensively stocked bar, Friendly, well trained and courteous staffs, Plenty of complimentary car parking spaces. Perfect for couples, dining individually, small groups and big parties!
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We visited on a Friday night and there was a large group (15) of us. There was some initial fuss because they only wanted to seat us when all of the group had arrived but we eventually convinced them to seat us when 14 were there and I'm glad they did as the one that was late was quite late!

The food was very nice and tasty and, even though the restaurant was absolutely packed, all of the serving dishes remained quite full throughout the evening. Nice range of stuff on offer as well. It's very good value for the food but it did seem expensive for the drinks.

It did start to quieten down at around 9pm so, if going on the off-chance of a table, go a little later.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We enjoy eating at the Hongxin (can't stop calling it the Chinese Experience as was a few years ago). They have a wide selection of self-service food, including desserts, which I really like as I'm a bit picky about food.
We go there every few weeks and haven't been disappointed yet; I look forward to visits.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived here for a family meal on a Thursday evening around 7pm, we hadn't pre booked a table as we didn't think it would be a problem, we asked for a table to seat 8 including children. The young lad on the door seemed a little lost to the fact that we hadn't booked and was unsure if there was an available table, so he asked another member if staff who I believe was management.

We sat down ordered our drinks, family arrived.

The food is set out well and it tastes fantastic, by far some of the best Chinese food I have eaten in a long while.

Tables between meals with Buffett are cleared quickly an efficiently although staff don't appear very friendly or talkative and if you want service with a smile this isn't for you!

Overall a good experience although staff need to up their game.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I loved eating at HongXin, good location, good price and good quality of food until recently. I felt that the dishes don't taste as good as before. I am wondering if HongXin had changed the chef ? It would be good if the restaurant can changed the varieties of dishes once in a while. I am sure the customer will appreciate trying out NEW oriental dishes too. Being a regular customer, I felt bored eating the same food all the time.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have to say firstly that I love your restaurant and visit it quite frequently,for me I think if weed killer was sprayed in the car park, bushes trimmed and the fountains by the door cleaned up it would be 100%