“Wonderful food and service”

Hongxin Oriental Buffet
Ranked #74 of 449 Restaurants in Swindon
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Japanese
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Delicious oriental cuisine, Fruity cocktails, Teppanyaki, Icecream, Chocolate Fountain, Salald, Sushi, etc. Panoramic window view of the Peatmoor Lake, Traditional interior and exterior design, Comprehensively stocked bar, Friendly, well trained and courteous staffs, Plenty of complimentary car parking spaces. Perfect for couples, dining individually, small groups and big parties!
“Wonderful food and service”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had a birthday party yesterday. After we placed the drink order, the drinks were served quickly. I have to mention the food is wonderful. It looks fresh and is full all the time. The buffet table is so clean. There are so many choices in the dissert section, especially choc fountain, one of my favourite. After meal, we were provided a free birthday cake. It's amazing. I will definitely reccommend it to my friends.

• Polish first
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Gone Downhill”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Its the first time that i had dined here for quite a long time.
I visited as one of a party of 4, when we first got there there was loads of empty nice looking seats at the front of the restaurant but we was directed to the tables at the rear where it was really busy and noisy.
The first table they tried to sit us at was covered in dirty crockery, waiting to be cleared. So they took us to another table and it looked like there had been a kids party there before us because the floor was covered with smarties & dolly mixtures and the table top was dirty. This was unacceptable so my wife insisted that the table was wiped and the floor around the table swept.

When we finally got seated I went up for food. The food was ok but rather salty, I was drinking water all night afterwards.

I was very disappointed in this place, I used to like it here but now they seem to get everybody sitting virtually on top of each other (I presume to make cleaning at the end of the shift easier).

Would I visit again?

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank chidseyc
“Below Average...Buffet”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Visited for my little brothers birthday - normally they would have a plateful of food but due to the quality on offer they didn't actually eat very much at all.

There was a fair bit of food, trays were always full but as with all buffet's - everyone has different level of hygeine and it's difficult for the restaurant to control. I witnessed more than one person drop cutlery on the floor and put it back, serving spoons etc and a young girl dipping her crusty bandage on the desserts.... no thank you.

It was relatively poor - my 3rd visit and everytime I go I am dissapointed and say that I wont go again. I think that's it now - if you want a real decent chinese... i'd recommend Le Rendevous by a long stretch who are ahead of everyone else by miles.

2 Thank DJCiaranB
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Very busy, food trays still full and tasty though”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We visited on a Friday night and there was a large group (15) of us. There was some initial fuss because they only wanted to seat us when all of the group had arrived but we eventually convinced them to seat us when 14 were there and I'm glad they did as the one that was late was quite late!

The food was very nice and tasty and, even though the restaurant was absolutely packed, all of the serving dishes remained quite full throughout the evening. Nice range of stuff on offer as well. It's very good value for the food but it did seem expensive for the drinks.

It did start to quieten down at around 9pm so, if going on the off-chance of a table, go a little later.

Cirencester, United Kingdom
“A Good Buffet lunch”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We enjoy eating at the Hongxin (can't stop calling it the Chinese Experience as was a few years ago). They have a wide selection of self-service food, including desserts, which I really like as I'm a bit picky about food.
We go there every few weeks and haven't been disappointed yet; I look forward to visits.

• Visited July 2014