“Returned after a 23 year gap!”
Review of The Village Inn

The Village Inn
Ranked #151 of 449 Restaurants in Swindon
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Four of us had a meal hear during the week and found it to be a great meal in a nice country setting. I has a 16oz steak that was cooked to my liking along with a very nice salad that was above the nomaa type of pub salad. My wife had the same except she had chips with hers and she rated them as probably the best she has had this year. Praise indeed!.
The food for four of us came to approx £70 with a further £35 on drinks (3 of us were not driving however if my memory serves we right the San Miguel was quite expensive).
It was busy when it opened at 06:30pm on a Wednesday due to an early-bird type saver promotion so it may pay to book for upwards of 2 people.
A good pub at the top end of the pub price range.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

This was our third visit and as always the food was very good and served freshly prepared and hot. It's always busy and booking is advisable. There is often a bit of a wait for your food but its worth the wait.

Service is always friendly and I would recommend.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Just got back from having a meal at this pub and realised we have not been there for ages.
Still top class, food wonderful and Vince the landlord even comes around to see if you need any more gravy etc.
I had the steak pie, my wife had the lamb, and our friend that took us had the pork.
All three said thiers was the best.
Only trouble was we had no room for a pudding afterwards. well done to you guy's ROY

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I visit family in Swindon several times a year and the Village Inn is my Guest House/Pub/Restaurant of choice.
The rooms are clean and comfortable, the food is good honest English cuisine and the ale is as it should be. All this in a quiet pub full of friends.
Bottom line....why eat/drink or stay anywhere else.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed here with friends for a wedding. It was our first visit & we were not disappointed. We were given a very warm welcome & we were found a table for lunch even though it was a Bank Holiday Sunday! The lunch was excellent & the rooms & bathrooms were a decent size & we were even bought fresh milk in a flask for our room. Our room was a welcome sight after a busy day at the wedding! The breakfast was delicious & again nothing was too much trouble! Thank you for an excellent stay.