“Best tasting food Ive had from an 'Indian' 5/5. Now my #1 Curry House.”
Review of JACK SPICE

JACK SPICE
Ranked #135 of 441 Restaurants in Swindon
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=55753414778
“Best tasting food Ive had from an 'Indian' 5/5. Now my #1 Curry House.”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Ive had 2 different takeways now in the past 2 months. Rich, thick and lovely taste to the curry really different when compared to other curry houses in the UK. Rice, pops. naan are OK.
Service on the phone and collection was also above the competition too.
I collected on Saturday at 6.30, also they give 15% off for collection and included a host free free goodies! nice touch.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank bry328

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Great food, but poor service”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Wanted a nice curry, and came across Jack Spice, so we gave it a shot.
Ordered the set meal for 2, which was good value for money. We asked to swap the plain naan which was included in our meal to a garlic naan.

The starter was quite big, but the meat was rather dry. However, when the mains came out, they gave us both the naan that was included, and another garlic naan!! We tried to tell him that we asked to swap it to a garlic naan, but he said our plain naan came with our meal, and just walked off. So we were left with two big naans, two curries, one side, and two plates of rice which was way too much - lack of common sense or make us pay more money?

However, their curry was very nice and actually one of the best I've tried (Lamb Korai).

• Visited September 2013
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Poor service”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My girlfriends took me for a birthday meal. We ordered our popadoms and were just sat chatting. They waiter kept coming over to take our order we all said we hadn't looked yet. It must of been the 3 time and he said you have to order now. And we had to rush and order our food while he was stood there. When the food came out the wrong stuff had come out and extra we said we didn't order all if that and some of the dishes were wrong he stood there and argued with us. I wanted a chilled night to relax and the whole time we felt rushed and the staff were so rude. Will not be going back. It's not all about the food it's about te atmosphere. Even if the food was good it was an awful experience

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank pinky4312
Swindon, United Kingdom
“My first choice for curry in Swindon”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My Dad and I love a good curry and every time he is down from Suffolk you can guarantee we go for a curry in Jack Spice.
The staff are very friendly and when ordering take away from them I would normally get a dish on the house, which I love!
The food is delicious and keeps me going back. The quantity of meat in the freshly cooked sauces is also very good, unlike other restaurants I have been to which have runny, same old tasting sauces with barely any meat.
Anyone visiting Swindon I would suggest this Indian over any in Swindon.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank chimpson
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Chose from other reviews and not disappointed”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We regularly travel around the UK as a small business team. Did a bit of "homework" and chose Jack Spice as it was close to our hotel.

Staff were immediately friendly and welcoming. Poppadoms very crisp and fresh - always a good sign. Menu was comprehensive with a few alternative house specials. We had a variety of starters and 3 different mains. All the food was up there with the very best curry houses we have visited.

Fully enjoyed food, service was excellent - attentive without being OOT, just as we wanted it. Value for money too.

No hesitation in recommending - we'll certainly be back next time we stay at Swindon

• Visited August 2013