“THE WORST MEAL EVER”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Please add...
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Don`t go !!! My husband and i moved to Royal Wotton Bassett last year,being new to the area we were keen to try the local restaurants.Unfortunatly we chose to dine at Chillies.
The food was terrible,watery curry dishes with hardly any meat or flavour,Patak`s home spices and sauces are michelin star inspired compared to what we were served.To top it off we were served flat coke from a bottle of Sainsburys own costing £3 a glass.When poiniting out the coke was flat the waiter just opened another bottle,he didn`t even hide the fact it was a supermarket bought 2 litre bottle probably costing less than £1.This the worst meal i have ever eaten.A word of advice would be to check back on your customers and not to stand behind the bar staring with your colleague.

1  Thank Dawne S
There are newer reviews for Chillies Indian Cuisine

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Three fellow golfers and I decided to stop of at Chillies for a meal late one Sunday evening. The place looked nice outside and was well decorated inside.
We were in two minds as to whether to stay for the meal or go elsewhere as the restaurant was empty but the waiter explained that "we have beer" so we decided to sit down.
4 pints of Cobra were served to us but the beer was not the best and went very flat quickly.
We had popadoms, which were nice with the dips and then went straight to mains each. Three of us had a Chicken Tikka Balti and the final dish was a Chicken Tikka Bhuna.
As it was late in the evening, we discussed that the 3 Balti's were very "watery" and "bland" when we were eating them. The dish was not entirely unpleasant but lacked distinct flavouring and taste that you would expect to find in an Indian Curry.
We decided that we would inform the waiter when he came to ask how the food was but this didn't happen until we had finished eating, at which point my friend explained the feedback.
At thos stage, I was astonished at what happened as the waiter just laughed as we explained the issues with the dishes. This went on until the point that having laughed further, the waiter finally decided to take my friends contact details to explain his unhappiness to the owner.
Good service costs nothing and suffice to say, I don't think we'll be heading back in a hurry.

Reviewed 8 December 2012 via mobile

Following reading many good reviews, my partner and I decided to order a takeaway from Chillies. The menu gave some lovely descriptions of the dishes that really got the mouth watering. We made our orders, it was rather pricey, but given the reviews we'd read we went for it. I ordered a "house special" venison dish, and my partner had lamb murgh.

The food took nearly 2 hours to arrive, and when it did the quality was very poor. The venison was overcooked (had I been in the restaurant, I would have sent it back!), and the sauce was watery and flavourless. My partners lamb was equally lacking in all the exciting flavours promised on the menu. Even the garlic rice managed to somehow be completely bland.

Utterly disappointed, especially give the relatively high prices. We shall not be returning

2  Thank ChrisDalton1982
Reviewed 7 December 2012 via mobile

We ordered a delivery. All dishes were very expensive and looked exotic. My partner ordered venison which sounded fantastic and we were very excited!

Hour and a half later our food arrived ):-|

We tucked in and discovered bland, tasteless food. Even the garlic rice didn't taste of anything.

So disappointed is an understatement. Given how long the delivery took and the awful quality of food we won't be buying from this place again.

Try Lahore Balti House - gorgeous food!!

3  Thank Laura C
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Eight of us had a weekend break to Royal Wootton Bassett and stayed at the Angel (50 yards away - also excellent). We had a really good meal at Chillies but our waiter (might have been the boss?) was clearly in a bad mood - constantly muttering under his breath. I dont think we were behaving badly but he was obviously unhappy about something. I would recommend this very good Indian restaurant but hopefully you will get a friendly service.