Two day stay whilst attending a meeting at the Defence Academy at Shrivenham. This hotel is very convenient as it is located just off the M4, not just for that but also for the Great Western Hospital. Clearly they have a loyal clientele as regular customers were greeted as old friends which is a nice touch. That said, as a new customer I did not feel unwelcome.
- Given the opportunity to purchase a breakfast voucher at check in, rather than being stung later.
- All services explained.
- Fresh porridge at breakfast
- Attentive table staff
- Emphasis on not keeping customer waiting.
- Had to change rooms as first one smelled of smoke
- Noise levels due to thin walls
My room was changed on request. Would suggest you try for a room in the range 130-140, as these are nicer. Only drawback is that they are in the middle so noise from other guests can be an issue.
Overall a fairly decent place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hotel in Swindon is located minutes from Junction 15 of the M4 but within easy reach of Swindon Town Centre with ample free ample free parking. Easy access to the cities of Bath, Bristol and Oxford and 1 Hr from London Heathrow. The hotel has 99 well appointed bedrooms which include 10 Executive rooms. All rooms have en suite bathrooms with shower, direct dial telephone, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer and iron and ironing board. Residents can enjoy and unwind with complimentary use of the Spirit leisure club with gymnasium, indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and treatment room (subject to availability). Our hotel bar and lounge offer tempting dishes from around the world and is a great meeting destination, a relaxing garden terrace can also be enjoyed at the hotel along with the lounge showing all Sky sports channels also ESPN on a 50inch plasma TV. Our contemporary restaurant is a great place to relax and enjoy our menus including the famous Holiday Inn breakfast. Hotel offers 24hr room service also. Under 12's stay and eat free when sharing a room with their parents* Terms and conditions apply. Swindon town centre is within 3 miles driving from the hotel, also the Swindon train station and McArthur Glen Designer Outlet Village. The hotel is ideally located for exploring Wiltshire's surrounding attractions, including Lydiard Park, the Royal Wooton Bassett, the Cotwolds, Avebury Stone Circle & Stonehenge, Longleat Forest and the Steam Railway Museum or for catching a game at Swindon Town Football Club in the town centre. Academy Style Meeting Rooms, 5 purpose built meeting rooms that cater for all requirements from Training Courses, Boardroom Meetings and Conferences to Weddings and Parties including Christmas Parties.Our Academy standard meeting facilities with natural daylight and air conditioning can accommodate up to 70 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Swindon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Swindon Hotel Swindon
- Swindon Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Swindon Wiltshire