We stayed here for 1 night on the way back home after seeing friends in Bristol. We used our priority points towards the cost of the room which was quite useful. We have stayed here before and never had any problems. Infact, some of the reviews on the decor are a bit unfair. Yes, in areas, some of the exteriors need a facelift, but that is more than compensated for the friendly staff, modern interiors and clean/comfortable rooms.
Check in - Great staff, very friendly and helpful sorting us out with some extra pillows for the kids.
Room - Good size room ,however compact bathroom with low water pressure for the shower. All clean however with working air con, comfortable beds and new HD TV. Ample towels, shower gels/shampoos and tea/coffee making facilities
Breakfast - Again, good choice of hot/cold foods, cereals, fruits, juices, as much as you want. Staff member was friendly however she could have done with some help to clear plates away, restock on items etc. We did not have dinner as we arrived late in the evening.
Pool - This adds value to the stay with a clean area, warm pool/hot tub/sauna etc. That was nice to do just before we checked out and headed for the local outlets.
Check out - No issues. Tip - If you book a room without breakfast then decide to have it when you check in, book it at reception rather than the restaurant as it is £4-£5 cheaper.
Overall, a great place to stay in my opinion, and will come back again when next in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hotel in Swindon is located minutes from Junction 15 of the M4 but within easy reach of Swindon Town Centre with ample free ample free parking. Easy access to the cities of Bath, Bristol and Oxford and 1 Hr from London Heathrow. The hotel has 99 well appointed bedrooms which include 10 Executive rooms. All rooms have en suite bathrooms with shower, direct dial telephone, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer and iron and ironing board. Residents can enjoy and unwind with complimentary use of the Spirit leisure club with gymnasium, indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and treatment room (subject to availability). Our hotel bar and lounge offer tempting dishes from around the world and is a great meeting destination, a relaxing garden terrace can also be enjoyed at the hotel along with the lounge showing all Sky sports channels also ESPN on a 50inch plasma TV. Our contemporary restaurant is a great place to relax and enjoy our menus including the famous Holiday Inn breakfast. Hotel offers 24hr room service also. Under 12's stay and eat free when sharing a room with their parents* Terms and conditions apply. Swindon town centre is within 3 miles driving from the hotel, also the Swindon train station and McArthur Glen Designer Outlet Village. The hotel is ideally located for exploring Wiltshire's surrounding attractions, including Lydiard Park, the Royal Wooton Bassett, the Cotwolds, Avebury Stone Circle & Stonehenge, Longleat Forest and the Steam Railway Museum or for catching a game at Swindon Town Football Club in the town centre. Academy Style Meeting Rooms, 5 purpose built meeting rooms that cater for all requirements from Training Courses, Boardroom Meetings and Conferences to Weddings and Parties including Christmas Parties.Our Academy standard meeting facilities with natural daylight and air conditioning can accommodate up to 70 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Swindon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Swindon Hotel Swindon
- Swindon Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Swindon Wiltshire