Recently stayed at this hotel with a superbreak offer which had breakfast and one evening meal included.
Could not fault Reception staff who were very helpful and attentive. Waiting staff and the cleaners were also extremely polite and did a good job. We went to the desk in the evening that we arrived to find a coach party had just arrived and the reception was obviously very busy. So we went back to our room to wait until things had quietened down. Five minutes after we had got back to our room the receptionist rung through to us to ask if she could be of assistance. Very impressive as we didn't think she had even seen us.
This hotel is in an excellent central location and this means there is always somewhere to visit in easy reach.
The hotel is situated on a large plot in a rural location which makes for a restful stay and also plenty of parking when compared to the more urban Holiday Inn Express.
Only criticism was that we were wrongly charged in the restaurant as though we were not on the superbreak offer and similarly when we checked out we were again presented with a bill which we had to point out was incorrect as our rate was all inclusive.
Also remember that Saturdays can be booked for wedding receptions. This really had no effect on us, but we did hear a drunken guest banging on bedroom doors at around 1AM.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hotel in Swindon is located minutes from Junction 15 of the M4 but within easy reach of Swindon Town Centre with ample free ample free parking. Easy access to the cities of Bath, Bristol and Oxford and 1 Hr from London Heathrow. The hotel has 99 well appointed bedrooms which include 10 Executive rooms. All rooms have en suite bathrooms with shower, direct dial telephone, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer and iron and ironing board. Residents can enjoy and unwind with complimentary use of the Spirit leisure club with gymnasium, indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and treatment room (subject to availability). Our hotel bar and lounge offer tempting dishes from around the world and is a great meeting destination, a relaxing garden terrace can also be enjoyed at the hotel along with the lounge showing all Sky sports channels also ESPN on a 50inch plasma TV. Our contemporary restaurant is a great place to relax and enjoy our menus including the famous Holiday Inn breakfast. Hotel offers 24hr room service also. Under 12's stay and eat free when sharing a room with their parents* Terms and conditions apply. Swindon town centre is within 3 miles driving from the hotel, also the Swindon train station and McArthur Glen Designer Outlet Village. The hotel is ideally located for exploring Wiltshire's surrounding attractions, including Lydiard Park, the Royal Wooton Bassett, the Cotwolds, Avebury Stone Circle & Stonehenge, Longleat Forest and the Steam Railway Museum or for catching a game at Swindon Town Football Club in the town centre. Academy Style Meeting Rooms, 5 purpose built meeting rooms that cater for all requirements from Training Courses, Boardroom Meetings and Conferences to Weddings and Parties including Christmas Parties.Our Academy standard meeting facilities with natural daylight and air conditioning can accommodate up to 70 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Swindon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Swindon Hotel Swindon
- Swindon Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Swindon Wiltshire