“Very Convenient and very good Staff”

Holiday Inn Swindon
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Swindon
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Very Convenient and very good Staff”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel with a superbreak offer which had breakfast and one evening meal included.
Could not fault Reception staff who were very helpful and attentive. Waiting staff and the cleaners were also extremely polite and did a good job. We went to the desk in the evening that we arrived to find a coach party had just arrived and the reception was obviously very busy. So we went back to our room to wait until things had quietened down. Five minutes after we had got back to our room the receptionist rung through to us to ask if she could be of assistance. Very impressive as we didn't think she had even seen us.
This hotel is in an excellent central location and this means there is always somewhere to visit in easy reach.
The hotel is situated on a large plot in a rural location which makes for a restful stay and also plenty of parking when compared to the more urban Holiday Inn Express.
Only criticism was that we were wrongly charged in the restaurant as though we were not on the superbreak offer and similarly when we checked out we were again presented with a bill which we had to point out was incorrect as our rate was all inclusive.
Also remember that Saturdays can be booked for wedding receptions. This really had no effect on us, but we did hear a drunken guest banging on bedroom doors at around 1AM.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This was the worst Holiday Inn that I have stayed at which is a shame as other hotels are usually good. The greeting experience was poor when the staff looked bored (sunday night check ins are not that thrilling for the traveller either!). However, the exec room was OK and the breakfast fine.
The tale of woe starts at check out when I was greeted with the news that I could not check out with a bill for expenses as the hotel It systems had crashed. I dutifully left my email address to receive a copy of my bill... expecting this in a day or two (as a colleague did...) Five days later after 3 useless phone calls to the hotel I finally got my bill and then a week later (having wondered why my company credit card has not been charged with my stay) I received my personal credit card statement and found my bill had been charged to this instead! Finally on my 4th or 5th call to the hotel, a helpful lady in accounts said that she would make a refund and finally this matter is resolved (at last!). This was a dismal customer experience and I shall avoid this hotel in future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ashcheshire
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Swindon, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear ashcheshire,

Ben J
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Swindon hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have stayed in many IHG hotels and this is not the best I have stayed in. Its an old style hotel which could do with a refurbishment of the rooms. The mattress was stained. The hotels excuse they were ordering some more ! Not good enough for me and my family as I am not interested in what someone else is sleeping on next week but where I put my children when we are on vacation.
Arrived late at night left early the next morning. Did receive a refund from the hotel after complaining. However, I would rather pay and not have the discomfort and have to complain.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank charlie_dog
Dear charlie_dog,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I am relieved to know that you were refunded for the nights stay. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Krysllin G.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Good all round for the price we paid £72 for 2 nights (Friday and Saturday) Drinks a little expensive but ovarall the stay was pleasant, friendly staff, clean rooms. Parking was plentiful, a good pub for food just across the road.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
PaulaSwindon, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Swindon, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Hello Keithh
Thank you for your comments. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again.
Milton Keynes
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed here for one night in advance of a 26 mile charity walk the following day.

The hotel has a good clean pool, with a small jacuzzi and a sauna. My room was comfortable with a tea/coffee tray, choice of pillows and a comfortable bed. There is nothing remarkable or unremarkable about this hotel but my only complaint is the fact that a 10% service charge was automatically added to my food bill in the restaurant...why ?!!! This spoilt my opinion of the hotel. I dont go to Argos to buy a kettle and find 10% added to my bill because I was served in a quick or friendly manner and I dont expect an underhand tactic to be used like this to extort money from me. I would welcome the hotel management reviewing this policy are commenting on this post

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Swindon, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear NewRangerFamily,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead offer options that make sense. Rest assured that your comments will be used for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Connie D
London, England
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Very nice hotel, modern, clean and well maintained.

The team here are fantastically friendly, especially the gentleman who checked me in.

Breakfast choice was limited (sausages but no bacon) but the quality of what I had was good - the coffee machine did espresso which I was very pleased about and the roller toaster got the toast cooked on the first pass - all good.

Room was clean and comfortable - all in all a job well done.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Hello Stevie_Ramone
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate your feedback. Bacon is normally on the buffet so I am puzzled by it not being available. Filter coffee( and tea) is served for breakfast but the full range of Starbucks coffee is available at other times.
I hope we will see you back soon.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The hotel is very nice and the staff is warm and hospitable. I stayed for over one week . Food was quite good and even though i am a vegetarian , i had a decent no of options to pick from. The staff was very helpful and warm. The location is also quite good and was close to the office i was going to.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Hello Hoimanikanwal
I am delighted you enjoyed your visit. We are in a great position for many local businesses and aim to provide a real home from home for both business and leisure guests.
I hope you will think of us for your next visit.