The hotel rooms are, quite simply, desperate for a re-fit. The furniture is shabby, the bathrooms tired and the windows - being single glazed and loose in their frames - very leaky and drafty. The air con unit squeaked, there was no mini bar, and only 1 person could stand in the bathroom at a time (no good when you have kids).
While 4 beds were made up on arrival, we only had 3 towels and 3 mugs. A call to housekeeping sorted this out, but come the second day the maid did the same thing. How can you make 4 beds and then only leave 3 sets of towels? Madness.
Unfortunately, things weren't much better in the restaurant. Dinner was average - small portions, greasy Hunters Chicken - and all served by a bunch of trainees, one of which put their thumb in my dinner when they put it down on the table. Breakfast was tasty, but the hot spread ran out on the second morning, leaving the trainees to run around apologising.
The pool and changing area were clean, reception staff were pleasant enough and the hotel is convenient for the M4 (but the Holiday Inn Express and Hilton at J16 are even closer, and have an easier journey into Swindon centre!), but these good points are not enough to save this place.
We stayed on an incredibly cheap deal, through Superbreak, and, having read previous reviews, knew what we were getting. However, I have to wonder if Holiday Inn understand what they're doing to their brand keeping a place like this going. If you paid full price for a room here you would be beyond disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hotel in Swindon is located minutes from Junction 15 of the M4 but within easy reach of Swindon Town Centre with ample free ample free parking. Easy access to the cities of Bath, Bristol and Oxford and 1 Hr from London Heathrow. The hotel has 99 well appointed bedrooms which include 10 Executive rooms. All rooms have en suite bathrooms with shower, direct dial telephone, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer and iron and ironing board. Residents can enjoy and unwind with complimentary use of the Spirit leisure club with gymnasium, indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and treatment room (subject to availability). Our hotel bar and lounge offer tempting dishes from around the world and is a great meeting destination, a relaxing garden terrace can also be enjoyed at the hotel along with the lounge showing all Sky sports channels also ESPN on a 50inch plasma TV. Our contemporary restaurant is a great place to relax and enjoy our menus including the famous Holiday Inn breakfast. Hotel offers 24hr room service also. Under 12's stay and eat free when sharing a room with their parents* Terms and conditions apply. Swindon town centre is within 3 miles driving from the hotel, also the Swindon train station and McArthur Glen Designer Outlet Village. The hotel is ideally located for exploring Wiltshire's surrounding attractions, including Lydiard Park, the Royal Wooton Bassett, the Cotwolds, Avebury Stone Circle & Stonehenge, Longleat Forest and the Steam Railway Museum or for catching a game at Swindon Town Football Club in the town centre. Academy Style Meeting Rooms, 5 purpose built meeting rooms that cater for all requirements from Training Courses, Boardroom Meetings and Conferences to Weddings and Parties including Christmas Parties.Our Academy standard meeting facilities with natural daylight and air conditioning can accommodate up to 70 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Swindon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Swindon Hotel Swindon
- Swindon Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Swindon Wiltshire