Holiday Inn Swindon
US$81
US$77
Jurys Inn Swindon(Swindon)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$69
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Village Hotel Swindon(Swindon)(Great Value!)
US$63
Travelocity
The Crown Inn(Swindon)
US$112
US$107
Premier Inn Swindon Central Hotel(Swindon)(Great Value!)
US$93
PremierInn.com
US$93
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsswimming poolsmall gymfamily roomlady on receptionsun innnational holidaysbreakfast staffevening mealwaiting staffpoached eggsbit datedlounge areacomfortable stayshort breakplenty of parkingtea and coffeeone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed a Thursday & Friday night. My room was 139, on the ground floor facing the car park. Its near a main road and some of the time there was traffic noise. New windows would help. It had old metal frame with flaking paint, and on a cool foggy night there was a noticeable draft at the bottom. The thick curtains helped stop this being a problem. There was some noise from other guests above & next door but nothing bad. The room was in good condition, with the only fault a broken lid on the kettle, though it still worked. Overall the hotel could do with a make over, but its not bad, and I would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Probably facing away from the carpark & main road would be quieter
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Tom G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Swindon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear sharla82

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Swindon,

We sincerely apologise for any disturbance that was caused during your stay due to the noises outside your window and in the hotel, we appreciate your comments about the bedrooms needing a update and will take this on board as with anything else as this enables us to keep on improving in all areas of the hotel.
We thank you again for your feedback and hope you will choose us again for your next trip.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

A quick business trip to Swindon, needed somewhere reasonable value, with usual refinements of a pool etc. The Holiday Inn Swindon has all the amenities, but the décor in the rooms is a bit dated, but they are clean and comfortable with all the requirements of this level of hotel. The difference in this hotel were the staff, they went above and beyond to help and make you feel welcome and valued, to the point that the dated décor would not be an issue if I had to stay there again, the staff more than make up for it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Computastar
Tom G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Swindon, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Computastar

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Swindon.
We appreciate your feedback about the rooms being a bit out dated, this has come to our attention before by other guests and we have taken these comments on board and is something we are looking into.
Thank you for your kind comments about the staff, we take pride in the service we provide and is delighted this comes across to our guests. I will be sure to pass all your comments back to the team.

Kind Regards
Tom Gaskell General Manager.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

The hotel rooms are, quite simply, desperate for a re-fit. The furniture is shabby, the bathrooms tired and the windows - being single glazed and loose in their frames - very leaky and drafty. The air con unit squeaked, there was no mini bar, and only 1 person could stand in the bathroom at a time (no good when you have kids).

While 4 beds were made up on arrival, we only had 3 towels and 3 mugs. A call to housekeeping sorted this out, but come the second day the maid did the same thing. How can you make 4 beds and then only leave 3 sets of towels? Madness.

Unfortunately, things weren't much better in the restaurant. Dinner was average - small portions, greasy Hunters Chicken - and all served by a bunch of trainees, one of which put their thumb in my dinner when they put it down on the table. Breakfast was tasty, but the hot spread ran out on the second morning, leaving the trainees to run around apologising.

The pool and changing area were clean, reception staff were pleasant enough and the hotel is convenient for the M4 (but the Holiday Inn Express and Hilton at J16 are even closer, and have an easier journey into Swindon centre!), but these good points are not enough to save this place.

We stayed on an incredibly cheap deal, through Superbreak, and, having read previous reviews, knew what we were getting. However, I have to wonder if Holiday Inn understand what they're doing to their brand keeping a place like this going. If you paid full price for a room here you would be beyond disappointed.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Tom G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Swindon, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Bored-Commuter1

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Swindon,

We are sincerely sorry that your experience with us was not up to the usual high standards, it is important to us to give our guests the best Hotel experience and if this was not met then we can promise that this will be looked into.
If you do wish to contact myself at the Hotel and discuss this matter further then please don’t hesitate and I will be more then happy to discuss this with you.
Hopefully we look forward to seeing you soon.

tom.gaskell@ihg.com

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed here for two nights whilst attending a training course nearby. My room was clean, functional and adequate. I ate in the restaurant on my first night and my first impression was that it looked a bit like a motorway service station and was in need of a refurb'. I was greeted and seated by Luke who was very pleasant and took my drink and food order promptly. Because of my visual impression of the restaurant, my expectations of the food were lowered somewhat. However the food was excellent and portions were ample. My dessert order was taken by Amey who was very pleasant and happy to engage in conversation. I don't 'do' breakfast so can't comment on this.
For me, good measures of a hotel are how full it is and, by listening to greetings on reception, how many guests are regulars. This hotel was very busy and it was clear that many guests were well known to reception staff.
In summary, the hotel is clearly popular, has great staff, serves good food, is clean and represents value for money, however it could do with a refurb'. If my employer booked me in here again, I wouldn't be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear kcyland,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Swindon.
We are so glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us and that all the team members looked after you during your stay. We are always grateful to guests for relaying their thoughts back to us so we are able to continue on giving great service and improving on all areas of the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Tom G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Swindon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014