“Perfect from start to finish -mark 2!”
Review of The Brewers Arms

The Brewers Arms
Ranked #141 of 468 Restaurants in Swindon
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2013

My partner and I enjoyed a truly wonderful and special Valentines dinner here last night, as we did one year ago too!

If I was a betting girl I'd say the chef is the same as 1 year ago? The menu was excellent; we found it hard to choose what to have for each course as they all sounded so appealing! To start we chose the Chilli tempura lemon sole strips with homemade tartare sauce and the smoked chicken, grape and caramelised pecan salad. Both were really delicious, the sole strips had just the right amount of crispy batter, were lovely and hot with a tasty sauce. Very good smoked chicken and the star of the plate the caramelised pecans, wow! not had these before and certainly have been missing out, yummmmy!!

Now I was stuck on choosing between four mains! (how often does that happen :-S ) then finally plumped for the veal parmigiana with homemade tagliatelle and my partner chose the chicken breast with asparagus and black pepper boursin. Both were truly excellent and we were very pleased with our choices. As the same as last year both dishes came out piping hot and looked lovingly made by someone who cares.

Now dessert…being a romantic evening we shared a ‘Melting chocolate fondant pudding with chocolate dipped strawberries and chilled double cream’. OMG absolutely sublime, all was perfect and the choc dipped strawberries almost to die for..!

Big thank you to the excellent chef.

Service was excellent too, we think it was the same lady serving us as last year. Faultless.

The proprietor came around to each table and gave every lady a white rose; this is such a lovely, much appreciated touch and shows how much the management cares.

We think the Brewers has lots of charm and do hope to come back to eat again before Valentine’s Day 2014..!

Reviewed 1 February 2013

We went here for the first time on a Thursday night and it wasn't really busy. We were seated and then ordered drinks. We were given the right amount of time to look at our menus. Our food came and it was well presented, tasty and hot. We all managed to squeeze a desert in, although two of us thought it could have been better, the pastry on the Pear Crumble Tart was a bit soggy ( I knew I should of had the Panna Cotta!) The restaurant has a nice relaxed atmosphere and the staff were helpful and friendly. We had a nice evening and will go back again for sure.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Started well with drinks at the bar and a nice glass of Sauvignon blanc. We had to ask for more menus and the young waitress seemed to keep losing interest in our party. We were never sure whether we were meant to order more drinks at the bar because it was almost impossible to get her attention! The food arrived in good time but my steak was very overcooked-was meant to be medium rare but was well done. The chips were cheap frozen ones which I can't eat so they allowed me to substitute mash instead. Was nice to have the sauce on the side. My husbands gammon was a good size with two well cooked eggs but again with frozen chips. Others in the party complained about the pathetic veg (two small bowls between 12 people) and the Arkells beer. The prices were far too steep and will not be returning.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Went here for an evening meal, it was early on a Thursday evening and the pub had only just opened (6pm). Service was quick, the staff were polite and I really enjoyed the meal (Sirloin steak). Would return and would recommend.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

We went for Sunday lunch, the food was excellent and the staff were both polite and attentive.
The restaurant was very busy so It might be wise to book.