“Lovely hotel, great food!”
Review of Chiseldon House

Chiseldon House
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Swindon
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I stayed here mid week with my wife and toddler. The rooms were of a good size and cot and high chair were provided. The staff were friendly and the grounds were good for my child to run around outside. The food was fantastic. Had afternoon tea and dinner twice and breakfast. All were high quality meals. We went to a steam railway line near Swindon and my child loved it. I would recommend this hotel as a good base.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 March 2013

What a lovely place! We stayed there as a business group. It's a beautiful historical building. The grounds are amazing. Very nice in the summer. The rooms are nice and comfortable. The showers are a little small - but that's pretty typical in England. The staff is very nice and willing to help. The owners are amazing. So accommodating and friendly. The restaurant is very nice and the food is delightful. Very tasty and beautifully plated. Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Great location if you have business in the Swindon area. Pubs all about and only an hour drive to London Heathrow. Beautiful countryside! Drive around and see the area. Gorgeous.
We're staying here again this summer. Really looking forward to it!

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor - most quiet. It is a very old house/building so expect some noisy wood...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
David P, Owner at Chiseldon House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Thank you for your review. Very pleased that you enjoyed staying with us last year – looking forward to seeing you again (hopefully you can bring some sun over with you).

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Booked Afternoon Tea for 12 people for a Birthday - the lounge/room we where seated in well suited our group and worked well , the hotel is a favourite place of ours but had never tried the Afternoon Tea and going by the feedback from my party it was a success
Good selection of sandwiches and cake all very well presented - the staff very helpful . Plan to go back and try it all over again

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

I’m pleased it was an enjoyable birthday celebration; hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I went to this hotel and met a colleague for a traiing day and had kunch in the lounge on Tuesday 19th March 2013. I found teh hotel to be very efficient and teh staff very helpful and polite. There were few guests there today and it was a good atmosphere for training though there were some very monior works going on but this did not hinder in anyway. I had lunch which was a chicken sandwich which was very good and well prepared. I would recommend the hotel as each time I have been there the staff are very helpful and it is a quiet spot. there is WIFI access and teh place ahs a great old world feel.

Room Tip: I did not stay here but from the general appearance of the hotel and feedback from my colleague the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rex T

Thank you for your review. I’m very pleased that you like coming to us. We are currently having a mason do some stonework on the original house, part of our improvements. I am certainly looking forward to seeing their work completed.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

Hi, I really liked this place when we visited Swindon. It's in a nice quiet area with lovely grounds. It was raining when we went there but the courtyard looks lovely for lunch or afternoon tea when the weather is good. The staff are really friendly and helpful and the food in the restaurant is amazing.
The rooms are a good size and the bed was comfortable. Overall I'd say it's a great place to go for a weekend away or if you're lucky enough to work for a company that doesn't just book you into a sterile chain hotel for work stuff.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the fish toilet, it's querky but a great room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay, hopefully you can come again when the sun is shining to enjoy afternoon tea in the courtyard.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Very personable, comfortable rooms, excellent food and good service. It has everything you need for a pleasant, comfortable stay. Working away, I have stayed in a number of hotels over the past couple of months. Finally for me one without loud football where I feel comfortable and come and go as I please.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I’m pleased that you have a comfortable experience with us whilst you are travelling with work.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Lovely quaint hotel, The service was excellent and the breakfast was freshly cooked and delicious. Our room was really big, good standard of decoration and although a bit chilly when we first arrived soon warmed up. The dining room was very picturesque - the only disapponiting part of the hotel was the front entrance which looked a bit dowdy. It made such a change to be staying in a hotel that was full of character and that wasnt part of a chain.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank foulsej

Thank you for your review. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us; sorry that the room was a bit cold on arrival. We are currently having some work undertaken on the stone at the entrance, which I am looking forward to seeing the results of.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Swindon
Stanton House Hotel
The Castle & Ball Hotel
The Castle & Ball Hotel
#1 of 1 in Marlborough
Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection

Been to Chiseldon House? Share your experiences!