“Turned away before closing time”
Review of The Patriots Arms

The Patriots Arms
Ranked #133 of 478 Restaurants in Swindon
Price range: US$5 - US$33
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 February 2018

The Patriots Arms lists it's closing time as being 11.00pm during the week. I arrived with my wife at just gone 10.45. There were two other drinkers at the bar with nearly full pints. Couldn't see anybody serving for a while. When the barman came out he announced 'sorry guys, I've called last orders'. I didn't even bother to try and argue, there was no point. He clearly just wanted to finish up and go home. This is a perfect example of why this pub has got no heart and no soul, and under the current regime never will have. Bar staff who are so disinterested are a complete waste of time. Don't even bother trying to defend it. There is no defence.

1  Thank Traveller53Wiltshire

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Stopped in here a few times now and always welcoming and good value for money. My only criticism would be the menu isn't massive so fairly limited. Staff always great and attentive

Reviewed 13 September 2017

My wife and I called in here on route to home from a morning out we decided to have a Sunday roast but were very disgruntled firstly the menu said choice of meats in view of the fact it was only 12-10 at lunchtime we would have expected them to have them.
My wife decided on the chicken and me the beef away went the young lady who took our order only to come back 2 minutes later to let us know they had run out of chicken ( not a good start ) so my wife then decided on lamb and when both meals arrived we were disappointed at what we received one small bowl of veg between us beef was like it was left over from night before and lamb was extremely fatty .
We will not be going back and most certainly will not be recommending anyone to visit .

1  Thank ammo321
Reviewed 7 July 2017

This Pub sits off the main Swindon to Malborough Road. There is a Beer Garden for those who like to dine outside.
Friendly greeting and dogs are very welcome.
Good Pub food menu served to a high standard even supplied sausage for our dog.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

My meal was amazing , the atmosphere was fantastic and service was the best I have had in a long time!

1  Thank reannabijok