“diy food”

Goddard Arms Restaurant
Ranked #131 of 448 Restaurants in Swindon
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of Swindon's Old Town, The Goddard Arms in an old converted Coaching inn, with some great period features, history and character. There is a bar and restaurant serving food and drinks all day, as well as limited free parking. The hotel was refurbished in November 2016 giving all rooms a flat-screen TV, en suite bathrooms and tea/coffee making facilities. Free Wi-Fi is also available in all rooms and the bar area. Children are welcome in the bar/restaurant areas until 7pm
Reviewed 8 March 2014

A cheap teatime midweek meal. I ordered cheese and bacon burger with added jalepenos.
It arrived a bit slower than expected.
Burger was quite well done, still moist.
But the jalapeños were in a paper cup on the side.
And so was the cheese.!? Runny cheese as though it had come from a pump/tub.
The bacon wasnt in a paper cup, the bacon was no where to be seen!

So, my advice, on a quiet midweek time at Goddard arms, don't go for complex meal choices such as cheese and bacon burgers.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Been there twice now and find it ok as its near the best clubs and pubs in Old town, drinks are a bit pricey but I like the facilities nearby and they have a great outdoor seating area, lovely in the summer and attracts all ages. The staff are very helpful which is always a bonus..

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We often go to the Goddard for the Sunday carvery as it's good value, tasty and, as always, with the Goddard it's a nice friendly pub atmosphere. Apparently, the Goddard has been bought by Yates and obviously things will change. Hopefully, the food is high on their list of priorities. My dried up burnt lasagne came with undercooked chips, salad consisting of lettuce leaf and thick cut pink coleslaw. My husband's Hunters Chicken was dry, topped with congealed cheese and dry bacon pieces. Is it so hard to get microwaving wrong! Oh, for the days of cooked on the premises and grilling. The food has generally gone downhill over the years we have visited, but this was awful.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

The deal of get nachos and a bottle wine for just over £10 is great
And their food is reasonably priced but I wouldn't go there just for the food again as our nachos had clearly been popped on the microwave (A normal thing to do) but then sat there for ages so it had rehardened and not the stringy cheesy mess nachos should be. It even came put stone cold.
My partner had the 'ultimate burger' - very messy and said it was very nice, two burgers covered in chili and came with a burger relish and chips.
My southern fried chicken wrap was good and tasted fresh, my only gripe being that our server didn't offer us any condiments - although the table was already stocked, there were some extras I was after and no one around to ask.
I went to the bar asked for a half pint of lemonade only to be given a pint where I pointed out I asked for a half pint but it's okay - and the bar man said they don't do half pints!!... In a pub. I payed for it anyway I wanted some lemonade to go with my wine either way but this should have been pointed out at the time of order.
It's a nice place to drink and has some character but I wouldn't go for the food or staff again.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I often go in the Goddard Arms for a drink. This was a first time to eat after a very wet day watching a friend run the Swindon Half Marathon. As always it was quite busy. I had a mixed grill, which for £9.99 was good value, nicely cooked and enjoyed it. I ate in the same chain in Cheltenham and they have a good menu with lots of choices and the beer is always good too. Highly recommended for a chilled out meal or pub snack.