My wife and I have just spent 3 days attending a course at The National Self Build Centre J16 M4
Swindon. we decided to stay at The Pear Tree Purton as it was close at hand and had good food reviews, the last thing you need after a day in the classroom is to have to worry about where to eat. We were not disappointed, all staff were helpful, polite and attentive. Our dinners were of good quality and well presented. On our first night dining was spoilt by the fact that we and the other guests in our part of the conservatory had been arranged by a door that led through to a separate part of the conservatory where a noisy party was being held so all the food went past us for those guests which did not help the experience. The other nights were quieter but as someone else pointed out the conservatory is chilly at this time of year and attempts to heat it were noisy. Breakfast was also a pleasant although chilly but as we were in a hurry each morning it did not matter too much.
Our room was our disappointment we booked an executive room but it was small, furniture cheap and tired. The flat screen tv on the wall could not be adjusted so viewing from bed the picture had a blue haze. The bathroom was hardly generous, the extract fan noisy and the door difficult to close. Lastly why put 6 cushions on the bed? when you go to bed the only place for them is the floor!
So a mixed review, food good, staff great, but room tired.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pear Tree at Purton provides the perfect place to stay, whether it is for a romantic getaway or a place to rest your head before a business meeting in nearby Swindon.Set in 7.5 acres of gardens, which include a wildflower meadow and a vineyard, it is a perfect rural setting to relax and unwind. Yet we are only 10 minutes away from Swindon and Junction 16 of the M4. We specialise in celebrations, from special birthdays to groups of old friends meeting up. Let us know what you are after and we will come up with a fantastic schedule to suit you all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your The Pear Tree at Purton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pear Tree At Purton Hotel Swindon
- Pear Tree At Purton Swindon
- The Pear Tree At Purton Swindon, Wiltshire