Came here for a work related team build day. The room and facilities where very good, we had bacon and scrabbled egg sandwich with tea and coffee as a breakfast starter for the day only complaint was the sandwhichs where not particularly hot, warm at best, that said tasty and most welcome as most of our group had a very early start to get here for a 09.00 start.
We broke for lunch and had a starter of soup which was over seasoned with pepper and not very pleasant luckerly it was a only a very small portion , we then had a choice of sausages and onion gravy with mash and veg and grilled/ baked fish parcel with mash and veg. Most of our group wanted fish so it ran out very quickly and the rest of us had to have the sausages as the lady was less than impressed with us wanting more fish apart from two coleagues who insisted as they didn't like sausages and thus had to wait for another lot of fish to be cooked which when it arrived was under done in the middle. The lady serving could only be described as 'surely' at best and had a ' I don't want to be here attuitude' there was a two option choice for dessert, fruit crumble and cheescake both available with cream or custard. Given that they knew we had 12 for lunch and we where there from early in the day, I would have thought it would have been easier for them and especially more preferebale to us as a group if they requested our menu choice at the start of the day?
Overall the facilities for the team build day, room , tea & coffee and support aids was very good however the dining experience was extremely poor. I am a local resident and have seen good reports about the food here however unfortunately following my experience here I would have to dissagree. Very poor guys :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pear Tree at Purton provides the perfect place to stay, whether it is for a romantic getaway or a place to rest your head before a business meeting in nearby Swindon.Set in 7.5 acres of gardens, which include a wildflower meadow and a vineyard, it is a perfect rural setting to relax and unwind. Yet we are only 10 minutes away from Swindon and Junction 16 of the M4. We specialise in celebrations, from special birthdays to groups of old friends meeting up. Let us know what you are after and we will come up with a fantastic schedule to suit you all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your The Pear Tree at Purton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pear Tree At Purton Hotel Swindon
- Pear Tree At Purton Swindon
- The Pear Tree At Purton Swindon, Wiltshire