The hotel is smart and clean, and the staff polite, but the double glazing is quite useless against outside traffice noise and worst still, allows really intrusive intercity train noise into the room from the railway 200 yards away. Not acceptable.
The internet package worked for about 1 hour. I then had to phone the IT support people (eastern European) who insisted on attempting to re-configure my laptop - which had worked only a few hours before in a London hotel and subsequently worked fine when I got home. The call was escalated, but I was never called back. Every time I attempted to send emails from the Hotel's internet, my mail client stated an error (spamhaus alert) that showed the hotel's internet IP addresses were infected with a BOTNET virus. I got a refund on the Internet costs, but due to not being able to send emails made a 15 minute phone call to France which cost £16!!!! Which I felt was a consequential cost, but they would not refund it.
I made them very aware in reception that no call charges are displayed in the room or were mentioned to me when I asked for the call to be made by reception. This is the sort of thing that Offcom takes telecoms firms to task over time and again anf fines telecoms companies for.
I was able to use the internet later, but still was unable to send emails from my email client.
Finally they use very cheap, rough toilet paper and to top it all, there were no buscuits in the tea tray! Clearly I did not notice these last two things at the same time ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Swindon City Centre is a new modern hotel offering a bar, restaurant and 6 modern meeting rooms. Each modern guest room is spacious and offers power shower, cosy beds and plasma-screen LCD satellite TV. Complimentary Hot Continental Breakfast is included in the rate. Relax in the lounge area, with 2 large screen TVs. Enjoy a prime location in the Swindon City Centre, only minutes away from shops and attractions such as STEAM Museum, Outlet Village or Oasis Leisure Centre. The Swindon Rail Station and the Central bus station are a brief walk away. Pop in a train or a bus and visit the historical towns of Bath, Oxford, Cirencester, Wotton Basset, Cippenham or Bristol.Located close to one of the most important ancient routes in the UK - The Ridgeway. At 85 miles long and 6000 years old, it offers some of the finest walking, cycling and horse riding experiences in the UK. Walk a short way along The Ridgeway and you will find Barbury Castle, Wiltshires best Iron Age fort. Further along you will see the famous White Horses at Hackpen.Within touching distance are the delightful Cotswolds. This Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is world renowned for its rolling hills and hidden valleys. Most certainly a quintessential English landscape not to be missed. Only 15 minutes north is The Cotswolds Water Park. With 147 Lakes it offers canoeing, sailing, fishing windsurfing and waterskiing. Close to Avebury, Stonehenge and Westonbirt - The National Arboretum which is one of the most spectacular tree gardens in the world. Visit Castle Combe and Lacock Abbey, a National Trust property. Breathtaking scenery, prehistoric sites, the Cotswolds, castles, historic houses & gardens, Britain's largest water park and The Ridgeway-all a short distance from Swindon. With so much to see and do you must make Swindon your touring base! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre Hotel Swindon
- Holiday Inn Swindon
- Swindon Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre Wiltshire