“excellent stay”

Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Swindon
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“excellent stay”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

stayed here the other day for business and nothing special from the outside but could not fault the staff for their efficiency and friendliness, they could not do enough for you and their customer care was above and beyond.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Diane100963
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Diane,

Thank you for your positive remarks on the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff at the hotel. I have already passed your comments to my team who were very happy to hear your comments. Needless to say that that as a General Manager I feel very proud that our focus and passion for delivering great customer service is acknowledge by our guests as well. The team at the Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre looks forward to welcome you back at the hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed as a family of 4. As a priority club member we was offered a late checkout. We was given a huge room on the third floor overlooking the train station . My 6 year old loved this. The room was not noisy and perfectly located for the town. Breakfast was plentiful and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Sh19777
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We work very hard to ensure we meet our guests' expectations of room location, size and any other special requests. I have passed your comments to the team who were very happy to hear of positive experience. Finally, I am very happy to hear that you felt recognized as a Priority Club member and we look forward to welcome you back at the hotel in the near future.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This is a great hotel for trips to Swindon. Rooms are clean and quiet. Location is a short walk from the bus station. I take the bus from Heathrow. There are lots of places to eat and have a pint nearby (check out the Glue Pot). The entrance can be a little hard to find the first time.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Dear DJ142,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay to our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that both location and the rooms met your expectations. The team at the Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre looks forward to welcome you back at the hotel in the near future.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Was horseracing at the cheltenham festival and needed a cheap hotel within an hours drive. Remembering my first visit in October which was a quiet Monday night - I thought it was a good option at £ 52 for 2 people per night. Bear in mind I normally stay in Tewkesbury and pay £ 110 per person, the value was blinding. From the last experience we just used the hotel as a base and slept there. The breakfast last October was attrocious so we skipped that, have never eaten there at night - but after two dodgy local dodgy Indian meals I may have to consider it if I ever come back. Room was cold, I tried to increase temperature on the air conditioning unit, but their was a green light that just flashed all night. Found a "heater" under the desk but it smelt unused when we switched it on. You know the burning dust smell,

Still in view of the cost, it saved us a packet and with the Glue Pot pub nearby is an ideal base for a good racing trip with Chepstow, Cheltenham, Newbury, Bath and Salisbury upto an hour away and a good real ale house local.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mardood
Dear Mardood,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I am happy to hear about the fact that you found our hotel to offer good value for money. I am sorry to hear about your last year's breakfast experience. We are very passionate about providing the best guest experience, including breakfast, and I would encourage you to "give us another go" during your next stay, as we do generally get a very good feedback regarding our hot continental breakfast offering and service. I have also passed your comments regarding heating to our Maintenance Manager who is investigating the matter. I am also sorry to hear about your dinning experience at the two Swindon Indian restaurants. My team will be very happy to pass some restaurant recommendations based on their previous personal experience and guest feedback as well. Alternatively, I would also encourage you to try our dinning menu, which contains a good variety of quality dishes. I look forward to welcoming you at the hotel soon.
England
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Very pleasant staff and helpful, clean rooms, nice hotel. However at night the street below is full of low life screaming and shouting and we looked out to see police vehicles being loaded with handcuffed youths whilst males punched females, bottles were thrown around, cars thumped and jumped on and so on. The noise prevented us sleeping until it was almost time to get up and we felt like death warmed up as we drove away. It's a shame that local low life spoils this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the road/bars side
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank RainbowThanet
Dear Rainbow Thanet,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I am particularly happy to hear that you have found our staff very pleasant and helpful, and that the rooms’ cleanliness met you expectations. My team and I are very passionate and focused on offering our guests the best possible experience and we were very pleased to hear your comments on this point. I am however sorry to hear about your comments regarding noise and the police cars. The Swindon Central Police station is situated right across the street hence the amount of police cars parked nearby. While the position of the police station further enhances our team's confidence and security of the hotel/guests, based on your feedback it does seem that on this occasion Swindon experienced a more eventful night than usual. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the noise experience and to assure that this is an unusual situation: Swindon is generally a very lovely and quiet place. Our team hopes to welcome you back at the hotel soon.
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2012

No parking, No heating, No sound on the TV, The food was so bad i did'd eat it,
The aircon didnt work so they gave me a fan heater that did'nt work; then they gave me a new heater and an extra duvet to keep warm that had blood on it
I went to get some food that was not worth eating but to be honest they refunded the cost.
This hotel should eithr have some serious work done on it or pulled down
Just don't go there

Room Tip: Sleep in your car
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank fhoyle
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered during your stay and I am grateful for bringing the matter to my attention. I have also passed your comments regarding heating to our Maintenance Manager who is investigating the matter. I am also sorry to hear about your dinning experience as we go to great lengths to provide the best dinner experience to all our guests. In order to better understand our guests’ feedback and preferences we carry out monthly one week survey of our guests' dinning experience. We take on board all feedback as an opportunity to continuously improve and we do generally get good feedback on our dinning experience. For example, during the last survey we carried out 89.30% of the guests indicated that the flavour of the food is within the good and excellent flavour, 93.10% indicated that the portion size is "Just right", 89.30% indicated that the presentation is within the good and excellent range. However, we do understand that at times situations may occur when the guest expectations are not met and I am happy to hear that my team refunded the meal and tried to put it right. Obviously, this doesn't change your experience and I take this opportunity to apologize for the matters described. You have also mentioned the inconvenience of not having a car park. While the hotel does not own its own car park, the car park situated across the street provides 24 hours security and is only 5 minutes away from the hotel. We have also thoroughly investigated your comments regarding blood on the duvet and we could not identify the issue described. I would like to assure you though that all laundry is regularly serviced/cleaned by a very reputable supplier in the area. Dear Sir, it is our aim to provide the best possible experience to all our guests and I would appreciate if contacted me directly at the hotel for a further conversation on your experience. I look forward to hear from you soon.

Travellers are raving about these Swindon hotels

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I am Priority Club Gold member and this is my first stay in HI Express.This hotel is right in city center but no own parking.Better call first to ask the detials about parking if you happens to drive to Swindon.It's not easy to find the parking even with GPS.Postcode didn't help but luckily i got a map from the reception.I might just take train to Swindon on the next trip.
You need to push a button on ground floor before able to enter the building. Go up to Lobby level for check in.Check in was smooth and i was offered Point vouchers for Golden Member.The room is clean and neat.I notice there is a portable heating unit so it looks the central heating is not working.Since its just one night should be fine and i slept well anyway.Breakfast is a mix of hot and cold.It's adequate for me . My only comments just the power socket is hidden behind the TV and i need to moved the TV to access it. Wireless broadband was okay for general use.Since this is a corporate hotel means i shall be returning.At least, i know there is no room upgrade for Gold member as all the room are the same.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Rashdan R
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear Mr. Rashdan,

I am glad to hear that you have found your stay adequate to your needs. I acknowledge your comments regarding the car park and heating. While the hotel does not own its own car park, the car park situated across the street provides 24 hours security and is only 5 minutes away from the hotel. I have also passed your comments regarding heating to our Maintenance Manager who is investigating the matter. In addition to the heating system, we have taken the decision to provide every room with an extra heater in order to further enhance guest's comfort, particularly due to an unusually cold January and February. Finally, I am very happy to hear that you felt recognized as a Gold Priority Club member and we look forward to welcome you back at the hotel in the near future.