“Good for a short stay”

Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Swindon
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Good for a short stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

The hotel is very modern and decor is very good. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is spotless. The Breakfast was very good, I was very impressed. The hotel is very good value for money.Very good locatuion (just oppisite Train Station) and right in City Centre.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Dear RDJ1990,

Firstly please allow me to thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre. I am very happy to hear that you have found our staff friendly and helpful, the breakfast to your satisfaction and the cleanliness of the hotel "spotless". I was particularly happy to read the "extremely friendly and helpful" comment...we are a very passionate team and having it acknowledged is a great reward. Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn express Swindon City Centre.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
PLYMOUTH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

You can't park at the hotel you have to go across the road and park at the railway station.

We weren't told when we booked that their restaurant would be closed on the Saturday night. We had gone for a day's shopping at the Designer Outlet and thought we would have a meal in the hotel and a few drinks in the bar after. Unfortunately this was not to be.

Out party of 3 were split up although they did eventually get us all on the same floor hence it took a long time to book in.

Despite saying that I needed a gluten free diet the only thing I could eat for breakfast was scrambled egg and/or beans, fruit and/or a yoghurt.

The hotel being smack in the city centre was opposite a busy police station and near clubland so it was very noisy.

The rooms were good but we wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MRSFROSTY
Dear MRSFROSTY,

Please allow me to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn express Swindon City Centre. Firstly, I would like to sincerely apologize for not fully meeting your expectations. As you mentioned, the hotel does not own its own car park however we have negotiated a competitive rate with the car park situated only 100 meters away from the hotel. Regarding the dinner on Saturday, due to the hotel and the restaurant being fully booked (we had several coaches dinning with us) we have made the decision that we could not deliver the dinner service at the high standards we continuously aim to achieve. I would also like to apologize for the confusion regarding the gluten free diet...as we do have gluten free items available at all times the situation can only be explained by a potential communication gap within my team. Regarding your longer than expected wait during check in, as the hotel was fully booked the team members found it challenging at that time to find three rooms of the type you booked, on the same floor...I am happy however that despite these challenges they have managed to organize this for you. We discussed your feedback as a team and we feel that some of the experiences described could have been prevented by a better and constant communication process with yourself on the day, an experience we have all learned from. Thank you for sharing your feedback and allowing us to continuously improve the service experience provided to our guests.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

Splitting a journey to the west country, I stopped overnight in Swindon after booking at the last miunute via "Booking.com". This was £64 well spent. Being in the middle of Swindon, you have a good choice of places to eat and it is but a short walk for the railway station and all the buses you could ever desire.

A really well thought out room, too. The ensuite has a neat trick in that the door to the loo doubles as the door to the ensuite. This gives anyone sharing the room access to the shower without having to listen in on "the captain's log". Also had free Wifi and a supremely comfortable bed. I finished my report, slept well and was on the road for 7am as planned.

Room Tip: The receptionist directed me to a £6 a night car-park near the station but there is a small (and che...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Timothy G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre. It was great to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, the "well thought out" room, and that you found your stay relaxing. I have already shared you feedback with the team and they are very happy to hear your feedback. Once again, thank you for sharing you experience and we look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night with a friend. It was a 5 minute walk from the station and easy to find. I wasn't sure at first from the look of the outside but as soon as we walked through the door it was lovely and modern. Check-in was quick and easy, the gentleman on the desk was lovely and helpful. On arrival of the room it was clean and tidy and smelt really fresh. I noticed the remote control was missing and when i asked when passing reception I was given one there and then with no hesitation. Arrived late back to the hotel that evening and we had to use our room key to gain access to the building and there were no problems with this either so the security of the building was excellent. We were able to have a nightcap also at the bar as it is 24 hour service for residents of the hotel. We had a lovely nights sleep followed by a lovel hot shower the next morning. Breakfast was lovely, brilliant variety of hot and cold items, unlimited tea,coffee and juice to help yourself to. When we came to check out our train was not for a few hours so we were able to leave our bags to go and do some shopping. When collecting the bags we were again offered complimentary tea and coffee as we decided to stay for a drink at the bar. All in all it was a lovely hotel with very accommodating staff and we will definitely be back to stay in the future and will be recommending to family and friends :)

Room Tip: For a short stay this is a brilliant hotel for the price that you pay.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank emorgirl82
Dear Emorgirl82,

It was great to hear your comments on your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre! Firstly, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel. I was very happy to hear that you had a lovely stay, that you found the hotel modern, the room clean and tidy and the security of the building excellent. I was also happy to hear that you enjoyed our late bar service and that you found our breakfast to your liking. I am particularly happy to hear that your check in was quick and easy, the staff "lovely and helpful", but also that you enjoyed a well deserved coffee after a long and I am sure "exhausting" day shopping...ha ha. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back at the Holiday in express Swindon City Centre.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

We booked one night at the Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre last weekend very last minute, as we decided to leave a day earlier for our holidays in the Forest of Dean and half the driving. I decided to book the city centre hotel over the one on the M4 as it was cheaper and was not too far from motorway.

On arrival on Sunday evening we were very pleasantly surprised by the helpfulness of the staff, we had booked a family room and requested a travel cot and quiet room, the staff helped as with our luggage as we were carrying our sleepy toddler and newborn baby plus bags, and were friendly and courteous.

The room itself was a breath of fresh air compared to other family rooms we have stayed in. Very generous size, with a queen bed and a large sofa already made up as a double bed, and a travelcot made up with fresh linen and a baby duvet/blanket. There was a fridge and a microwave in the room, to our pleasant surprise, which came in very handy for preparing the baby's food and toddler bedtime milk. Not only that but there was ample space left for suitcases and even space left for our toddler to play with his cars etc.

The ensuite was clean and towels were fresh. The usual provisions expected were all there, kettle and coffee/tea making facilities, a hairdyer, TV, even an iron. The room was on the fourth floor and was quiet and had views of the trains/ train station.

Breakfast was included in the price, and was by the reception area/lobby. It was advertised when we booked as 'free continental breakfast, so we expected a croissant and some coffee, when we went downstairs in the morning, once again we were pleasantly surprised by the variety and choice: scrambled eggs, sausages, croissants and delicious pain au chocolats, bread, jams, cheese, fruits and yoghurts, milk and cereals. The breakfast area was busy but with plenty of seating, so ginding somewhere to sit all 4 of us was straightforward and breakfast / bar staff were only too pleased to arrange for a highchair for our toddler. Two large TVs are available near the breakfast area and free wifi was also available in the same area, which I used and found to be uncomplicated and fast.

We would like to thank Miroslav for being super attentive during our check in on Sunday night and all the staff that made our stay (and start of our holiday) so comfy and pleasant. We will be returning soon and would not hesitate recommending this hotel to families with young children, couples, and business travellers.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Dear Lia-P,

It was great to read your comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre and to hear that you have found the room, the breakfast and the whole experience to your expectations. I was also very happy to hear that you found our staff helpful, pleasant and that "it made your stay". I am a strong believer in the fact that staff makes a hotel, and I feel proud and lucky to have a very passionate team supporting me. I have passed your comments to all our team members and to Miroslav and they were very happy to be acknoledged. Thank you, and we look forward to welcome you back at the Holiday inn Express Swindon City Centre.
ely, cambridgeshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

I was looking for a competitively priced , clean and comfortable hotel within the easiest walking distance of Swindon railway station and I found it in the Holiday Inn Express in Bridge Street which which is an easy 3 minute walk from the station. Don't be put off by the unlet undercfoft shop spaces. Once you have gained entry by the speakerphone and reached reception (and dining) area your are in a diffferent world where the staff seem genuinely pleased to see you and where the straightforward Holiday Inn Express package is as it should be. I'll be back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear LiphoodLad,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre. I was happy to hear that we managed to meet your expectations and that you found our staff genuine and carrying - we are a very passionate team and it is a very good feeling to have it acknowledged. Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn express swindon City Centre.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

I enjoy staying at this hotel and have done so on and off for a couple of years as and when I've been working in the area. The reason is simple - the staff, they're a good bunch and it's a pleasure to stay here. They go the extra mile in terms of friendliness and hospitality. Chain hotels are chain hotels in terms of the offering, this one's a tower block with limited parking - not my normal choice. However, I'd rather stay here than in any of the other Holiday Inn establishments in Swindon. Okay it's clean and tidy, the food is fine, the internet works etc. etc. but when you spend hours on the road, work irregular hours out in all weathers it's not just the bed that counts, it's the whole package. Keep up the good work folks, it is appreciated.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on higher floors, above 2nd floor, as they can be hot. City side rooms can be noisy due...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Dear Hardascustard,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experiences at the Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre. I was very happy to hear that you enjoy your stays with us and that our team meets your expectations. I have already passed your feedback to all my staff personally and it was very rewarding to see their happy response at having their efforts acknowledged. On a personal note, I felt very proud to have my team's passion for service recognized and I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Thank you and we look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.