“A Great experience”

Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Swindon
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Whilst we can all complain even over little matters, my friend and I stayed
at this hotel in June as a shopping treat to ourselves. The hotel was
really clean, the staff were really helpful, the food was good.

The down side, well there wasn't one. For the cost, and location we were
really surprised that the breakfast (which was good) was included.

Well done to the staff and Holiday Express as, again on the plus side
their staff gave us a 10% off card for the good shopping outlet and it
was well used. Would visit again!

Room Tip: You won't need one - o.k.not the Ritz to look at, clean, good value, good staff, what more do y...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear 643fifi,

Thank you for your comments on your recent experience of our hotel! As General Manager, I felt very proud to read your comments and to hear that while you found the staff, room and breakfast to your liking, you have found no downside to your experience. We are very passionate about creating great customer experiences and having our passion recognized is both rewarding and exciting. Please let me assure you that I will personally share your comments with my team. Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back at the Holiday inn Express Swindon City Centre!

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Excellent location, 2 minutes away from city centre and nightlife. Professional service (especially Robert) and nice facilities.

Register-Free actually free Wi-Fi at the lobby. What more would you ask for?

Dear iProyer,

Please allow me to thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts on the Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre. It was great to hear that you enjoyed the position of the hotel and that you found the service professional. I have personally passed your comments to Robert, who was very happy to be recognized for something he is very passionate about (great customer service). Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.

Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

The Holiday Inn Express city centre hotel is compact,modern, clean with friendly welcoming staff.
On arrival I was a little confused as the small front entrance is down a little side street(sat.nav.required)with the reception on the first floor.
The reception with its welcoming staff was in the same area as the modern breakfast area and cozy bar with large tv screen.
The bedroom was again modern and clean with cool air con which was required during the hottest week of the year.The bathroom was compact but modern,clean and well laid out.The cost of the room was about £70 a night which included a nice breakfast with a variety of food on offer from a cooked breakfast,continental and fruit.
The only negative would be the hotel parking is at Swindon railway station which is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel,ok on a summers evening but not pleasant if cold and raining in January!Please note you need to go to the reception for a parking voucher at the hotel reception first(you can park outside the hotel drop of point)before parking at the railway car park.The charge is £6 a day.
Overall a comfortable and pleasant stay and would stay again.

Dear Ystradafodwg .

Thank you for sharing your recent experience of the Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre! I was very happy to hear that you found your room, breakfast and overall experience to your liking. I also very happy to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful and I have already passed your comments to my team. Needless to mention that as a very team very passionate about great customer service we were very happy to have our efforts acknowledged. Thank you again for the time taken to share your experience and we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I have stayed at a number of Holiday Inn Express properties as a loyal member. I have to say, this property is one of the worst ones.

First of all, only one person attended the reception on my arrival, I had to wait for 10 min or so. A second staff member appeared, then the first person stop checking in...

I went to the room and realised the bathroom smelt cigarettes smoke. I called the reception and told the situation, but the receptionist just said "Unfortunately, some people break the laws"....OK, is that it? It was after 8pm, so I did not want to move but I expected the hotel would do something for me, for example, to bring an air fresher. I was not impressed on it at all.

Drainage had a problem, water did not go smoothly. A water level easily came up to my ankles, almost flooded.

Breakfast was not particularly busy when I went down, but there were no glasses, no bowls, no tea spoons... Very poorly maintained.

At night, Chinese kids (teenagers) were speaking loudly in the corridor, moreover several of those were running back and forth, knocking around.

A late-checkout was easily refused without any consideration. Basically, no Platinum benefits. I do not think I come back to this hotel, just a waste of money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear UKtrotter2007,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As an IHG Rewards Platinum Elite member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel.

I am truly disappointed to hear that your stay didn't live up to your expectations. I am sorry that we were not able to give you the highest level of service and customer care our elite members deserve. Our staff pay special attention to our members and I can only offer my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have encountered and for the shortcomings you had in your room.

As Platinum member, your patronage and support to our hotel are very much important, as such, we are concerned when we fell short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel as a leader of a 40 person student group from the United States. The staff at this hotel was so very welcoming, helpful, supportive, and just all around wonderful. In addition, the rooms were clean, comfortable, and everything else you would expect from a hotel.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Whether you are traveling for work, play, or as a group this hotel goes above beyond the call of duty to make their guests feel comfortable, safe, and at home while traveling.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Danielle C,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre. It was very rewarding to read your feedback and I have already shared it personally with all staff. We are a very passionate team and very happy to have our efforts acknowledged. Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Room 127 - excellent, big, very spacious for single occupancy, large bay windows, large sofa

Service - excellent, duty manager Robert made all efforts to maintain high standards of customer satisfaction e.g. arranging room service, changing room from twin to double during busy hours

Facilities - poor compared to price. No complimentary toiletries, no safe box / closet / drawers, broken iron stand, uncomfortable mattress etc.

Overall - not great value for money comparing other hotels deals in Swindon if you could book in advance or through corporate discounts

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Andrej K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Tawhid,

Firstly I would like to hank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express - Swindon City Centre and I am please that you liked your room too. This room is one of our larger rooms, providing a beautiful view of Swindon Town Centre and the promenade leading from the Hotel, especially nice at night time with all the lights on.

I am pleased that you also enjoyed the service in the Hotel. We pride ourselves in Customer Service, as we like to treat all our customers as family members.

As many other travellers, from UK and abroad alike, one may not be familiar with the Holiday Inn Express brand, a 'younger brother' to Holiday Inn in the IHG family. The concept is to provide a lower 3 star accommodation, with complimentary breakfast and friendly, personal service.

Therefore the rooms are not equipped with glasses, individual soaps/shampoos, but rather with individually wrapped disposable tumblers, and soap / shampoo dispensers along with other amenities.

Breakfast is provided as a complimentary service, which is not reflected in the price. Moreover the breakfast layout and itemization is regulated by the IHG brand to provide consistency across, and is in line with the business model.

Kind regards,

Andrej Katona
Operations Manager

Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Easy to find with ample parking within easy walking distance. The room was excellent except we overlooked the night club, closing the window kept the noise out but the air con wasn't cold enough to keep the room cool, it doesn't go below 18? Overall it was a perfect stop off and we'd definatly stay again.

Dear Alwelsh,

Thank you for your review and staying with us. The rooms overlooking the Swindon Town Centre are preferred by some of our regular guests, however on the weekend it gets rather noisy due to the neighbouring night club. Unfortunately due to the central location of the Hotel, there are certain external factors that fall outside of the Hotel Managements' remit. The Hotel is having additional work done to the current AC units soon, to cope with the weather extremities, so when you come next time, you can set your room temperature to your desired temperature. Once again thank you for staying with us and hope to see you soon.

Kind regards,