“Good hotel but noisy neighbours”

Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Swindon
liverpool
“Good hotel but noisy neighbours”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I picked this hotel for its location, by the station, main facilities etc, Staff were pleasant, efficient and the hotel was clean.
However some of the nightlife in Swindon is a few hundreds yards away and gets noisier the later it gets.
The staff were unable to move me to another room, but on checkout Nancy the manager refunded the room cost, I would only stay again if they could guarantee a room away from the nightlife

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the train tracks,
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank shamc21
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear shamc21,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre. I was happy to hear that you found our team pleasant and efficient and the hotel cleanliness to your liking. Thank you very much for your comments and we look forward to welcome you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Kinver, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed here for 4 months and always found the staff to be courteous and obliging. My thanks to the team including Miro, Robert, Nicole and Nancy. The hotel itself is perfectly sited for access to numerous restaurants and pubs, in particular I would like to recommend Rio's (Brazilian BBQ) which is opposite the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear SoundsImpossible,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre. It was great to hear your comments on our staff and hotel and I am happy to hear that during your four months at the hotel we have managed to meet your expectations. I have personally shared your feedback with my team and thanked Miro, Robert, Nicole and Nancy on your behalf. Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back.
Lahti
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I had great stay at Holiday Inn during international air show in July! I had come to see the show with nine of my friends and we had three rooms booked. I had a room with three of my friends and the room was excellent! It was spacious and overally very clean. Air condition was good eventough it stayed in 18 degrees the whole vacation despite we tried to put it higher! Bed was very comfy! Hotel served breakfast everythng morning, but it was lame and wasnt that good. Location was great! Propably the best you can get in Swindon!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Joel J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre. I was very happy to hear that you found the room and the location of the hotel to your liking. I have already passed your comments to my team and thanked them personally on your behalf...needless to mention that they were very happy to hear your comments. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.
London
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I work for a company that brings over ambassadors from USA. I have stayed with this hotel three times as I got given three groups. This hotel was superb!! The staff are really friendly and very accommodating to my needs and every delegate/leaders that I had and the rooms are very clean.
There were a few problems that I encountered but it was resolved straightaway which is a bonus!!
The food wasn't too bad! It's basic but it's filling.
The staff go an extra mile. I had a few request that I asked and it was all met with great standards! Thank you for a memorable experience and a great stay!!
I would like to thank: Melody, Kasia, Robert, Mollie, Michal and Miroslav for making my stay and my job a lot easier!! I couldn't have ask for a better hotel and staff for that matter!!
Would stay here again for business and pleasure!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kris_T1006
Dear Kris_T1006,

Please allow me to thank you for your comments and the time taken to share it. It was great to hear that you enjoy our hotel and I have personally shared your feedback with my team, and thanked the members of staff you have mentioned...we all felt very proud to have our great passion for customer service acknowledged. Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you at the Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre.
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stay in this Hotel quite often and I find it so very friendly and all Staff have a Welcome smile. Nancy on Reception is so very helpful and cannot do enough for me each time I am there. The rooms are spacious and so very very clean and have everything in them you could possibly want. When you arrive you are welcome to a free cup of tea or coffee which may I say I have never experienced in any Hotel I have ever stayed at here in England or abroad !!!! I feel very safe at night in this Hotel also as there is always someone on duty and willing to help in any way they can. I must say a special thank you to Nancy as she always makes me feel so at home !!!! Well done Nancy and All The Team !!!

Room Tip: When you book all you have to do is ask the Reception for the room and what floor you would like to...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear wendy191282,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your experiences at the Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre. I am very happy to hear your feedback on both the hotel and our staff. We and very passionate about great, genuine customer service and having this acknowledged by our guests is very rewarding. I have already shared your comments with Nancy and thanked her personally both on your and my behalf as well. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Whilst we can all complain even over little matters, my friend and I stayed
at this hotel in June as a shopping treat to ourselves. The hotel was
really clean, the staff were really helpful, the food was good.

The down side, well there wasn't one. For the cost, and location we were
really surprised that the breakfast (which was good) was included.

Well done to the staff and Holiday Express as, again on the plus side
their staff gave us a 10% off card for the good shopping outlet and it
was well used. Would visit again!

Room Tip: You won't need one - o.k.not the Ritz to look at, clean, good value, good staff, what more do y...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Constantin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear 643fifi,

Thank you for your comments on your recent experience of our hotel! As General Manager, I felt very proud to read your comments and to hear that while you found the staff, room and breakfast to your liking, you have found no downside to your experience. We are very passionate about creating great customer experiences and having our passion recognized is both rewarding and exciting. Please let me assure you that I will personally share your comments with my team. Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back at the Holiday inn Express Swindon City Centre!
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Excellent location, 2 minutes away from city centre and nightlife. Professional service (especially Robert) and nice facilities.

Register-Free actually free Wi-Fi at the lobby. What more would you ask for?

• Stayed July 2013
Dear iProyer,

Please allow me to thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts on the Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre. It was great to hear that you enjoyed the position of the hotel and that you found the service professional. I have personally passed your comments to Robert, who was very happy to be recognized for something he is very passionate about (great customer service). Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.