Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
The Crown Inn(Swindon)
View Hotel
All reviewstrain stationa couple of minutes walkbreakfast was includedfirst floorcar parking issaturday nightthe breakfast areabudget hotelroom keystayed here for one nightdouble bedyogurthie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2013

arrived for a one night stay on sat 24 aug , but the company we booked with had not passed our booking on to the hotel. The 2 staff on the checkin desk sorted the problem out very quickly and efficiently. They were very friendly and helpful.
Our room was very comfortable and clean. The continental breakfast was very good even though it was very busy. The staff worked very hard.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Andrej K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear 787rnj,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and your comments. We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I enjoyed my stay throughly, great facilities! Lots of choice for breakfast, bacon would have improved it 10 fold! After a great stay and friendly staff, there was a mishap that was disappointing and annoyed me a lot. We were told we still had an outstanding balance even though we had ore booked and paid it all. The person that came to deal with it was actually very rude and quite condescending and insisted that she needed a bank statement for proof. I just found it so unprofessional and I felt there may have been some stereotyping going on as we were a fairly loud and young group and weren't treated with much respect basically customer service wasn't really happening. In the end, she found that we had paid and apologised, but I felt it was too little too late. Hopefully won't ever have to go back.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Andrej K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear PS,

I would like to thank you for staying with Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre and your time to share your experience with us and the rest of TripAdvisor community. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us bar the last incident. I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me on operations@exhiswindon.co.uk to discuss further your experience and thus help to improve our Service to You. I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We went and stayed at the Holiday Inn at the beginning of August and got the family room. The rooms were to a good standard, quite comfy and nothing to complain about! The sofa bed on the other hand was really uncomfortable, I could literally feel the springs in my back the whole night, I'd recommend getting an extra duvet and laying it down on top of the mattress, after this it was fine! We were only provided with two teacups, when they knew there would be three people! There was no plug points near the bed, which I found annoying, but there was a medium flat screen tv with decent freeview channels. The breakfast while we stayed there was awful, I would recommend eating out! The fruit juice was too concentrated I had to water it down to be able to drink it! There was one member of staff, who worked there during the nights, and she made our stay fun, while we were relaxing in the lobby area, she gave us cards and dominos to play with, and recommended a few card games to play, which I thought was lovely! Other than that the trip was good, not too much to complain about. :)

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear PavR8,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I would also like to thank you for your feedback. I have now reinforced the Hotel Policy on additional guests in the rooms and the supplies thereof with the Head Housekeeper. I also passed on your kind words to Carly (nights) and she was thoroughly pleased she could help and entertain. Breakfast on the weekends is very busy as majority of the guests come down between 9.00 and 10.00 which is very overwhelming especially if the Hotel is full. We try to encourage Guests to come down at various times to ensure consistency of breakfast items and service delivery, however, everybody likes a lie in on a weekend. Nonetheless I would like to thank you once again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here last year for the price of £50 or £55. We checked in around 10pm.. The check in was fast and easy.. The receptionist guy was very nice and friendly.. We were happy with our room..it was spacious, comfortable bed, all lights were working, clean room and bathroom too.

The only problem we had, which isn't really a problem was the flush of their toilet bowl was weak..so when it won't flush, we had to call the reception.. The same guy that checked us in came in knocking at our door within 5minutes and he managed to fix everything in no time.

Breakfast was included..it was a buffet and there were a lot of selection.. From freshly cooked eggs and sausages, there were also a variety of cereals, brioche and other bread.. variety of juices included too aside from coffee, tea and water.

Overall, we were happy with our stay and would stay here again..

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Maii_21,

Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your comprehensive feedback. I am ever so glad you found everything to your liking and that you had a good time. We look forward to welcoming you in future.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice during last one year and each time the experience has been from bad to worse. Initially when I stayed there was a problem of light fixtures not working (Dec 2012). I had to shift to another room where there was no phone at all. During my stay at the hotel for 11 days I was provided a phone only after making repeated requests. Recently I stayed at this hotel where the experience was the worst of all (Aug 2013). The room AC started making strange noises and stopped working. On moving to another room also the AC had the same problem. To make matters worse, the hotel staff was rude and cared less about the customers not to mention that we were corporate customers and were there only because of corporate bookings.I would never recommend this hotel to any of my colleagues

Room Tip: Stay away fro this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Devangi_Y

Dear Devangi_y,

Please let me apologise for the inconvenience during your Stay. The Hotel has had additional work done to the air-conditioning so should you decide to come next time, this shall not be an issue for you any more. I am also very disappointed that you found our staff irresponsible to your needs and requests, I can assure you that this is not the case and I find it very surprising myself. I would be honoured if you could contact me on operations@exhiswindon.co.uk to discuss matters further and hopefully shed more light on the issue so I can address it and work out a solution. Nonetheless please accept my apologies once again, and I hope this experience will not deter you from staying with Brand in the future.