We arrived late on Sunday 27th, 2 tired hungry children in tow, and not knowing what this hotel has in store. We were greeted pleasantly and efficiently and given all the info we needed for our one night stay. The room was on the 5th floor, pretty standard, but fine for our one night stay in Swindon. The receptionist recommended JR buffet for something to eat, another new experience, but happy to give it a go. My wife is vegetarian and all her needs were met, the children were very happy and I didn't know when to stop, gluttony wasn't the word, just try it, worth every penny. The sleeping arrangement was cosy, but exactly what we expected, it was fine. Breakfast, although simple and nice, was the Nancy show, what a super lady to get you off to a great start in the morning. She interacted with every single person and even tried to talk my children's slippers off their feet, keep hold of this one IHG, a truly genuine hard working lady who enjoys her work.
We visit Swindon once a year, we know where we will be staying......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Swindon City Centre is a new modern hotel offering a bar, restaurant and 6 modern meeting rooms. Each modern guest room is spacious and offers power shower, cosy beds and plasma-screen LCD satellite TV. Complimentary Hot Continental Breakfast is included in the rate. Relax in the lounge area, with 2 large screen TVs. Enjoy a prime location in the Swindon City Centre, only minutes away from shops and attractions such as STEAM Museum, Outlet Village or Oasis Leisure Centre. The Swindon Rail Station and the Central bus station are a brief walk away. Pop in a train or a bus and visit the historical towns of Bath, Oxford, Cirencester, Wotton Basset, Cippenham or Bristol.Located close to one of the most important ancient routes in the UK - The Ridgeway. At 85 miles long and 6000 years old, it offers some of the finest walking, cycling and horse riding experiences in the UK. Walk a short way along The Ridgeway and you will find Barbury Castle, Wiltshires best Iron Age fort. Further along you will see the famous White Horses at Hackpen.Within touching distance are the delightful Cotswolds. This Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is world renowned for its rolling hills and hidden valleys. Most certainly a quintessential English landscape not to be missed. Only 15 minutes north is The Cotswolds Water Park. With 147 Lakes it offers canoeing, sailing, fishing windsurfing and waterskiing. Close to Avebury, Stonehenge and Westonbirt - The National Arboretum which is one of the most spectacular tree gardens in the world. Visit Castle Combe and Lacock Abbey, a National Trust property. Breathtaking scenery, prehistoric sites, the Cotswolds, castles, historic houses & gardens, Britain's largest water park and The Ridgeway-all a short distance from Swindon. With so much to see and do you must make Swindon your touring base! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre Hotel Swindon
- Holiday Inn Swindon
- Swindon Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre Wiltshire