Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre
Alexandra House(Wroughton)
US$70
Jurys Inn Swindon(Swindon)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$59
  • Restaurant
Village Hotel Swindon(Swindon)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$62
US$52
US$48
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Swindon(Swindon)(Great Value!)
US$78
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationa couple of minutes walkbreakfast was includedfirst floorcar parking issaturday nightthe breakfast areabudget hotelroom keystayed here for one nightdouble bedyogurthie
Reviewed 31 October 2013

As a wheelchair user who requires help at night times I use this hotel a lot. The staff are extremely helpful and if you ask for an accessible room there is plenty of space and a great wet room.. Be aware that it is a city centre location so don't complain about the night club noise outside. This never bothers me as I am normally out enjoying myself in the city anyway. It is only at weekends that the clubs are loud so will not be an issue for you weekdays. I do not put up with sub standard service or poor facilities and so am pleased to write an honest and flattering review. As they say, location, location, location. For us that struggle with mobility but want to get on and have a great life you have an easy access hotel in the middle of an accessible city and to top it off, near to a train station. Try it. I did once five years ago and return often! Just need to say once more, the staff are wonderful and extremely considerate.

Room Tip: At weekends get the rooms furthest away from the night club
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Andrej K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear John-Andrew-Simpson

Thank you for staying with us and your flattering comments about your experience. I am also very pleased to learn that we lived up to your expectations in all areas: service, accessibility, quality, design and location. Once again thank you and we hope to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We arrived late on Sunday 27th, 2 tired hungry children in tow, and not knowing what this hotel has in store. We were greeted pleasantly and efficiently and given all the info we needed for our one night stay. The room was on the 5th floor, pretty standard, but fine for our one night stay in Swindon. The receptionist recommended JR buffet for something to eat, another new experience, but happy to give it a go. My wife is vegetarian and all her needs were met, the children were very happy and I didn't know when to stop, gluttony wasn't the word, just try it, worth every penny. The sleeping arrangement was cosy, but exactly what we expected, it was fine. Breakfast, although simple and nice, was the Nancy show, what a super lady to get you off to a great start in the morning. She interacted with every single person and even tried to talk my children's slippers off their feet, keep hold of this one IHG, a truly genuine hard working lady who enjoys her work.
We visit Swindon once a year, we know where we will be staying......

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Andy S
Andrej K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Andy S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we were all pleased to read that you had a great experience. Nancy is a key Member of our Management Team, yet still she is very genuine and loves the Guest Interaction (Entertainment). She was really please with your feedback as we all were, so thank you for your kind comments, and we'll see you again in a years time!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The rooms are very comfortable we had everything we needed although there was a bit of noise from the nearby nightclub.we were part of a coach party-the staff coped very well with all of us turning up to eat at the same time although there were a few hiccups with the food which had been pre ordered.Robert and his staff were very obliging -going the extra mile to keep us happy.overall it is a very clean and comfortable place .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sue A

Dear Sue A,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write these kind words here on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, and that everything ran smoothly. Robert is one of our valued Management Team Members and I am know he was very pleased with your feedback. Once again thank you and hopefully see you in the nearby future.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

It's not very often I stay in a Holiday Inn Express but it was a good option due to its location to the station. I must admit I wasn't expecting much at all but I really was blown away by the friendy and professinal nature of the staff. I have to especially mention Mollie and Jade who were superb at dealing with any queries I had and even helped me to locate nearby restaurants and places to have a drink after work. It is often difficult staying away from home for long periods but Mollie and Jade made you almost feel part of the team. Top service and enjoyed every night of my stay. I will be staying again for sure the next time I work in Swindon.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovey but would recommend travellers stay on the side that faces the railway line, as some of the nearby clubs and bars can be loud on a Thursday night.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Naif19
Andrej K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Naif19,

Thank you for your staying with us and your positive feedback. The Team and Jade & Mollie in particular were very excited to read your comments as it is comments like yours that truly make the our endeavours worthwhile. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Andrej Katoma
Operations Manager

PS: I have a uniform ready for you, when you come next time, since you mentioned that they make you feel like a member of our Team!

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

As someone who used to work for a global hotel chain (IHGs competitor!) I have harsher standards than the average guest.

HI Swindon - well done and thank you for a great stay (rm 113). Superb value for money and even though I had an adapted room I was more than happy. In fact, I quite liked that room.

Jade checked me in and was extremely friendly, professional, and a speedy check in. Every team member is multi skilled and so they don't have any sense of being short staffed. Every team member was very friendly too.

Breakfast was fairly basic but good enough to get my day started. I'd love it if the juice wasn't quite so sweet and sickly but a dash of water sorted that out.

The only thing I'd give constructive feedback on - air con. I hadn't spotted the radiator in the wall sou was trying to get warm air from air con. Receptionist sent up Engineering rather than simply telling me there was a radiator to use I instead. No disaster though!

Without doubt I'll be back. Superb value for money and a great nights sleep!

Justin

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Justin S
Andrej K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Dear Justin,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre. We were very pleased to read that we withstood the test of an ex Hotel Manager of a Global Brand (Hilton?) as I know from my own experience, when I am staying away, I turn into a Hotel Inspector myself, often being harsher than usual. The one thing that will always make the difference to me is the Customer Service and therefore I am delighted that you found Jade and the rest of our Team to be forthcoming and friendly, making a real difference to your stay. Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel.