The hotel is at walking distance from the Swindon railway station and right in front of the block of restaurants of downtown Swindon, so convenient for both. The lobby is at first level of the building while the ground level was planned to host a restaurant or some other shop but it is totally empty and not finished; you will see the concrete pillars and it is not a "nice and good looking welcome". Being used to the Holiday Inn style I have been a little surprised seeing the room lay out, the furnitures, the color of the floor carpet, of the doors and so on, even the WC door used to close also the bathroom door system is "ibis style" !! Not to forget the size of the bed, sold as a double bed it will create problems to any single person more than 1,80 mt and 90 kgs. So if you are like that and plan to share the bed with someone else be sure to have a jockey as a host or to really be loveed by the one you are with. Being used to Holiday Inn style Ibis hotel I thought this was a former Ibis hotel that changed franchise to Holiday Inn Express. This is not a "crime" of course but it should be said that the level of an Ibis is lower than an Holiday Inn Express.
The good point is the breakfast buffet that features also some classics of the English breakfast such as baked beans, sausages. Some minor problem is the parking. There is no parking available in the building and the surroundings are too tight to leave room for some free parking. So you have to drive (and walk back) for about 400 meters to an open air parking lot used by commuters of the railway. Good if you arrive late in the evening but not so much if you get there earlier. Another point is that you will pay 6,5 pounds for this disappointing parking, be aware. Anyway a decent hotel convenient to some restaurants,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Swindon City Centre is a new modern hotel offering a bar, restaurant and 6 modern meeting rooms. Each modern guest room is spacious and offers power shower, cosy beds and plasma-screen LCD satellite TV. Complimentary Hot Continental Breakfast is included in the rate. Relax in the lounge area, with 2 large screen TVs. Enjoy a prime location in the Swindon City Centre, only minutes away from shops and attractions such as STEAM Museum, Outlet Village or Oasis Leisure Centre. The Swindon Rail Station and the Central bus station are a brief walk away. Pop in a train or a bus and visit the historical towns of Bath, Oxford, Cirencester, Wotton Basset, Cippenham or Bristol.Located close to one of the most important ancient routes in the UK - The Ridgeway. At 85 miles long and 6000 years old, it offers some of the finest walking, cycling and horse riding experiences in the UK. Walk a short way along The Ridgeway and you will find Barbury Castle, Wiltshires best Iron Age fort. Further along you will see the famous White Horses at Hackpen.Within touching distance are the delightful Cotswolds. This Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is world renowned for its rolling hills and hidden valleys. Most certainly a quintessential English landscape not to be missed. Only 15 minutes north is The Cotswolds Water Park. With 147 Lakes it offers canoeing, sailing, fishing windsurfing and waterskiing. Close to Avebury, Stonehenge and Westonbirt - The National Arboretum which is one of the most spectacular tree gardens in the world. Visit Castle Combe and Lacock Abbey, a National Trust property. Breathtaking scenery, prehistoric sites, the Cotswolds, castles, historic houses & gardens, Britain's largest water park and The Ridgeway-all a short distance from Swindon. With so much to see and do you must make Swindon your touring base! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre Hotel Swindon
- Holiday Inn Swindon
- Swindon Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre Wiltshire