I am a regular user and fan of HEI but this one disappointed. It appears that there were only two staff on duty trying to manage check in, the bar, take food orders and deliver the food. When they had problems with the key encoder the result was chaos. There was a long line at check in. It took15 mins. to get a drink at the bar. I waited nearly an hour for food, and nearly walked out as others did. The crunch came when I returned to my room, found the key didn't work and was told to wait with several others till someone could let us in to our rooms manually. That took half an hour. I do not blame the two girls on duty who struggled as best they could and had the decency to offer to waive my room and dinner charge. Other than that it is typical HEI. Comfortable but bland rooms. The area is a little threatening with nightclubs and bars and a strong police presence (Thursday night). But there is a very nice Italian restaurant nearby, a much better bet than the in-house "restaurant"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Swindon City Centre is a new modern hotel offering a bar, restaurant and 6 modern meeting rooms. Each modern guest room is spacious and offers power shower, cosy beds and plasma-screen LCD satellite TV. Complimentary Hot Continental Breakfast is included in the rate. Relax in the lounge area, with 2 large screen TVs. Enjoy a prime location in the Swindon City Centre, only minutes away from shops and attractions such as STEAM Museum, Outlet Village or Oasis Leisure Centre. The Swindon Rail Station and the Central bus station are a brief walk away. Pop in a train or a bus and visit the historical towns of Bath, Oxford, Cirencester, Wotton Basset, Cippenham or Bristol.Located close to one of the most important ancient routes in the UK - The Ridgeway. At 85 miles long and 6000 years old, it offers some of the finest walking, cycling and horse riding experiences in the UK. Walk a short way along The Ridgeway and you will find Barbury Castle, Wiltshires best Iron Age fort. Further along you will see the famous White Horses at Hackpen.Within touching distance are the delightful Cotswolds. This Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is world renowned for its rolling hills and hidden valleys. Most certainly a quintessential English landscape not to be missed. Only 15 minutes north is The Cotswolds Water Park. With 147 Lakes it offers canoeing, sailing, fishing windsurfing and waterskiing. Close to Avebury, Stonehenge and Westonbirt - The National Arboretum which is one of the most spectacular tree gardens in the world. Visit Castle Combe and Lacock Abbey, a National Trust property. Breathtaking scenery, prehistoric sites, the Cotswolds, castles, historic houses & gardens, Britain's largest water park and The Ridgeway-all a short distance from Swindon. With so much to see and do you must make Swindon your touring base! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre Hotel Swindon
- Holiday Inn Swindon
- Swindon Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre Wiltshire