I had a reservation at this hotel. As a regular guest of the IHG family and a Priority Club member for over 4 years and a gold member (previous years I had been Platinum). I have come to expect a certain level of service. Traveling on business I expect my choice of hotel to be as flexible and adaptable to my requirements as I need them to be.
I knew I would be arriving pretty early at the hotel and given my status, it has never ever been an issue for me to check in prior to the check in time. Rooms gradually become available throughout the day, they dont all magically get cleaned at 2pm. I was going to arrive fairly early, so I called the night before and they had rooms available so I knew, as with the sister hotels it would not be a problem.
I arrived at the hotel, well, the receptionist acted as if she had never been asked to check a person in only, she proceeded to remind me check in time was at 2pm and seemed adamant that it would be a 2pm I would be ''allowed'' to check in. She then went to continue to socialise with her girlfriends sitting at the bar.
I sat down and made myself a coffee with the intention to wait, after a short period as I was drinking my coffee and reading my newspaper she tried to usher me into the restaurant area, I told her that I was happy were I was but she was persistent in thinking that I would be more comfortable in the restaurant. After telling her at least 3 times I was fine were i was she went away, were she then whispered with one of her colleagues as they looked over at me.
I was made to feel very unwelcome and uncomfortable. They showed no recognition of my status or loyalty to the IHG brand. I went online looked at other hotels in the area. I was pleased to find a better quality hotel at £10 less than the rate I was going to be paying at HI which was located around the corner.
In summary, if your a business traveller, who needs your choice of hotel to fit in with your schedule then this hotel is not for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Swindon City Centre is a new modern hotel offering a bar, restaurant and 6 modern meeting rooms. Each modern guest room is spacious and offers power shower, cosy beds and plasma-screen LCD satellite TV. Complimentary Hot Continental Breakfast is included in the rate. Relax in the lounge area, with 2 large screen TVs. Enjoy a prime location in the Swindon City Centre, only minutes away from shops and attractions such as STEAM Museum, Outlet Village or Oasis Leisure Centre. The Swindon Rail Station and the Central bus station are a brief walk away. Pop in a train or a bus and visit the historical towns of Bath, Oxford, Cirencester, Wotton Basset, Cippenham or Bristol.Located close to one of the most important ancient routes in the UK - The Ridgeway. At 85 miles long and 6000 years old, it offers some of the finest walking, cycling and horse riding experiences in the UK. Walk a short way along The Ridgeway and you will find Barbury Castle, Wiltshires best Iron Age fort. Further along you will see the famous White Horses at Hackpen.Within touching distance are the delightful Cotswolds. This Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is world renowned for its rolling hills and hidden valleys. Most certainly a quintessential English landscape not to be missed. Only 15 minutes north is The Cotswolds Water Park. With 147 Lakes it offers canoeing, sailing, fishing windsurfing and waterskiing. Close to Avebury, Stonehenge and Westonbirt - The National Arboretum which is one of the most spectacular tree gardens in the world. Visit Castle Combe and Lacock Abbey, a National Trust property. Breathtaking scenery, prehistoric sites, the Cotswolds, castles, historic houses & gardens, Britain's largest water park and The Ridgeway-all a short distance from Swindon. With so much to see and do you must make Swindon your touring base! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre Hotel Swindon
- Holiday Inn Swindon
- Swindon Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre Wiltshire