“Good for business trip”

Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Swindon
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed for one night on a business trip, check in was slick and friendly, room was large with free wifi and a comfortable bed. I had a button come of one of my shirts and asked at reception for some help where the young girl on duty provided me with a complementary sewing kit complete with shirt button, so thanks for the great service. There is off site parking at the nearby railway station which is reasonably priced at £6.00 per night. Across the road from the hotel is a very good Asian restaurant

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Sam B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Bruce596

Thank you very much for taking the time and the trouble to write a Trip Advisor review for our hotel.

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I will certainly share your comments with our team who I know will be delighted to hear that their efforts have been recognised.

I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Been here for the Air Tattoo show. Stuff was great, always smiling and always trying to help. Free tasty coffee at the lobby all day long as well as free breakfast and wifi at the room made it a pleasant staying.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Nir78

I will certainly share your comments with our team who I know will be delighted to hear that their efforts have been recognised. Thank you for appreciating our tasty coffee; we've just recently installed new coffee machines - this is great to hear!

I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again next year.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We booked for one night to travel back to london by train. The hotel was good, clean only high in levels. The first floor was at the 4t floor. Because there is a garage below and then on 3th level is the reception. Swindon is a nice city to shop and have dinner.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Travelled to Swindon for a wedding. Staff very helpful and managed to arrange an early check in so we could change before a 2pm ceremony. Room very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included in the price so it was very good value. Parking at the railway station but only a couple of minutes walk so wasn't a problem.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Good morning Niadhe

I am glad that you were able to get into your room early; I trust your wedding experience was an enjoyable one. I will certainly share your comments with our team who I know will be delighted to hear that their efforts have been recognised.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I arrived late and my double room had been changed to a twin ie two single beds - strangly I was told that there wouldn't be an extra charge for the extra bed!

The hotel isn't great, though the bathroom was spotless. Breakfast was a huge disappointment and left a lot to be desired and even though I was told it was free I am sure I have really paid for it somewhere!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Matthew_Cole,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is pleasing to know that our bathroom facility met your standards. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your overall experience with us due to the breakfast and room accommodation. Rest assured that your comments will be forwarded to management for future upgrade considerations.

Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Kind Regards,

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have stayed here on business numerous times. The hotel is great, staff are really friendly and helpful. The rooms are really clean, facilities are what you would expect from a HI Express.

The breakfast and food at the hotel bar is also pretty good, lots to select from and is all fresh and pretty good quality.

My only complaint is the location, yes it's close to the train station which is brilliant but the area doesn't seem all that great or lively. Not the hotels fault though so I can't blame them, just seems a strange place to put a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Good morning Martyn

I will certainly share your terrific comments with our team who I know will be delighted to hear that their efforts have been recognised. It's enormously satisfying to hear good things about the detail that we can affect.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts, and I hope you will continue to give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We stay here every month and the rooms seem to be grubbier than ever. Bathroom was mouldy. Bathroom door didn't shut properly. The view was bad and the off site parking confusing they didn't have any parking permits so cost is more to stay here. The reception staff are nice and reception area but the rooms are tiny. Our last room was like a cupboard

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am pleased to know that you liked our reception area and the service received from our reception staff. I regret that the room accommodation and bathroom’s level of cleanliness was a disappointment. We do take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may need attention. Rest assured that hotel management will be been notified and proper action will be taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Charisse V.