“Very poor”

Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Swindon
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Very poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was booked into this hotel with an associate, luckily for only one night.
The booking was for a twin room, we arrived to find the room was actually a double....but with a "sofa bed". This was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in, the mattress was 3inches deep over sharp metal springs, for most of the following day I was able to pin point where the rows of springs were digging into my back. The space between the two beds was limited to approx 18 inches, making an already small room,really tiny.
The air conditioning was having trouble keeping the room cool, we set it at as low a temp as possible but it was still uncomfortably hot, "Health and safety won't let us have it cooler" said the housekeeping staff...! Having the window open, also let in the din from the bars in the shopping centre below, these are open until the small hours and have a very rowdy customer base...
Thankfully, we had an early start at the Fairford air show in the morning, so could escape as soon as possible.
For this we were charged £175.00 !!!
This hotel is in no way up to standard for serious business travel, an overnight stay for
travellers is its limit.
The only good feature were the staff, who are doing there best with very poor material...I suggest another Hotel group recruits them and lets them manage a reasonable hotel...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Sam B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Good morning

Thank you very much for taking the time and the trouble to write a Trip Advisor review for our hotel.

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, I am saddened to learn that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. Your review also shows how things not within our direct control can affect your overall satisfaction.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience overall, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am sorry that you did not have a great stay with us and hope that these issues do not stop you staying with us in the future.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre.

Best regards,

Sam Butler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Rooms and bathroom had been renovated recently, everything was very clean and in working order. Staff were friendly enough and laundry came back quickly. Free coffee, juice etc in the lobby 24/7. Breakfast was average, but enough fruit and cereal to keep me going until lunch. WiFi worked well in the rooms.

1 Thank smbsstt
Sam B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Good morning

It is pleasing to know that our bathroom facilities met your standards. I will certainly share your comments with our team who I know will be delighted to hear that their efforts have been recognised.

I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Hythe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed for one night on a business trip, check in was slick and friendly, room was large with free wifi and a comfortable bed. I had a button come of one of my shirts and asked at reception for some help where the young girl on duty provided me with a complementary sewing kit complete with shirt button, so thanks for the great service. There is off site parking at the nearby railway station which is reasonably priced at £6.00 per night. Across the road from the hotel is a very good Asian restaurant

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Sam B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Bruce596

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I will certainly share your comments with our team who I know will be delighted to hear that their efforts have been recognised.

I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Been here for the Air Tattoo show. Stuff was great, always smiling and always trying to help. Free tasty coffee at the lobby all day long as well as free breakfast and wifi at the room made it a pleasant staying.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Nir78

I will certainly share your comments with our team who I know will be delighted to hear that their efforts have been recognised. Thank you for appreciating our tasty coffee; we've just recently installed new coffee machines - this is great to hear!

I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again next year.

Yours sincerely,

Maasbracht
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We booked for one night to travel back to london by train. The hotel was good, clean only high in levels. The first floor was at the 4t floor. Because there is a garage below and then on 3th level is the reception. Swindon is a nice city to shop and have dinner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Travelled to Swindon for a wedding. Staff very helpful and managed to arrange an early check in so we could change before a 2pm ceremony. Room very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included in the price so it was very good value. Parking at the railway station but only a couple of minutes walk so wasn't a problem.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Good morning Niadhe

I am glad that you were able to get into your room early; I trust your wedding experience was an enjoyable one. I will certainly share your comments with our team who I know will be delighted to hear that their efforts have been recognised.

Staffordshire, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I arrived late and my double room had been changed to a twin ie two single beds - strangly I was told that there wouldn't be an extra charge for the extra bed!

The hotel isn't great, though the bathroom was spotless. Breakfast was a huge disappointment and left a lot to be desired and even though I was told it was free I am sure I have really paid for it somewhere!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Matthew_Cole,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is pleasing to know that our bathroom facility met your standards. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your overall experience with us due to the breakfast and room accommodation. Rest assured that your comments will be forwarded to management for future upgrade considerations.

Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Kind Regards,

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Swindon hotels