I was booked into this hotel with an associate, luckily for only one night.
The booking was for a twin room, we arrived to find the room was actually a double....but with a "sofa bed". This was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in, the mattress was 3inches deep over sharp metal springs, for most of the following day I was able to pin point where the rows of springs were digging into my back. The space between the two beds was limited to approx 18 inches, making an already small room,really tiny.
The air conditioning was having trouble keeping the room cool, we set it at as low a temp as possible but it was still uncomfortably hot, "Health and safety won't let us have it cooler" said the housekeeping staff...! Having the window open, also let in the din from the bars in the shopping centre below, these are open until the small hours and have a very rowdy customer base...
Thankfully, we had an early start at the Fairford air show in the morning, so could escape as soon as possible.
For this we were charged £175.00 !!!
This hotel is in no way up to standard for serious business travel, an overnight stay for
travellers is its limit.
The only good feature were the staff, who are doing there best with very poor material...I suggest another Hotel group recruits them and lets them manage a reasonable hotel...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Swindon City Centre is a new modern hotel offering a bar, restaurant and 6 modern meeting rooms. Each modern guest room is spacious and offers power shower, cosy beds and plasma-screen LCD satellite TV. Complimentary Hot Continental Breakfast is included in the rate. Relax in the lounge area, with 2 large screen TVs. Enjoy a prime location in the Swindon City Centre, only minutes away from shops and attractions such as STEAM Museum, Outlet Village or Oasis Leisure Centre. The Swindon Rail Station and the Central bus station are a brief walk away. Pop in a train or a bus and visit the historical towns of Bath, Oxford, Cirencester, Wotton Basset, Cippenham or Bristol.Located close to one of the most important ancient routes in the UK - The Ridgeway. At 85 miles long and 6000 years old, it offers some of the finest walking, cycling and horse riding experiences in the UK. Walk a short way along The Ridgeway and you will find Barbury Castle, Wiltshires best Iron Age fort. Further along you will see the famous White Horses at Hackpen.Within touching distance are the delightful Cotswolds. This Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is world renowned for its rolling hills and hidden valleys. Most certainly a quintessential English landscape not to be missed. Only 15 minutes north is The Cotswolds Water Park. With 147 Lakes it offers canoeing, sailing, fishing windsurfing and waterskiing. Close to Avebury, Stonehenge and Westonbirt - The National Arboretum which is one of the most spectacular tree gardens in the world. Visit Castle Combe and Lacock Abbey, a National Trust property. Breathtaking scenery, prehistoric sites, the Cotswolds, castles, historic houses & gardens, Britain's largest water park and The Ridgeway-all a short distance from Swindon. With so much to see and do you must make Swindon your touring base! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre Hotel Swindon
- Holiday Inn Swindon
- Swindon Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre Wiltshire