“Nice HI Express”

Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Swindon
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Nice HI Express”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

One of the better HIE I have stayed in and just five minutes walk from Swindon rail station. Unusually for an express there is a restaurant (although I only had the normal express breakfast in there so not sure how good it is). The rooms are standard HIE fare and the staff very helpful. I had a couple of problems during my stay and they were very good at resolving them. Recommended for anyone on short stay in Swindon.

Room Tip: Pick a room on a higher floor for a quieter stay as it is near a main road and railway station.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Barry A
Sam B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Barry A,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely 4-Star review of our hotel.
We are delighted that you found the service very friendly and welcoming as we strive to offer a "home-from-home" feel to all of our guests.
Your complimentary comments have been passed onto all of our Departments as they do work tirelessly to deliver very high standards of service, cleanliness & maintenance throughout the hotel.
We hope you had a great stay whilst in London and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

With warmest regards

Andrej Katona
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights, this place may be bearable for a one night stay but not for any longer.
located in a run down part of town where we didnt feel safe to go out. The food is horrendous, evening meal was included in our stay but we had to either eat out or buy food in - M&S in the town. Rooms not bad, clean but tired with stained carpets, Tv remote sellotaped up. No restaurant, eat in reception/bar area with scuffed chairs, dirty tables, cutlery and plates dirty. Lifts break down and room keys dont work. 2nd night stay bar ran out of draft larger and lemonade at 8.00pm, when I complained to the manager he said "Ill get some at the supermarket tomorrow"!!!!! Long waits for anything to be done, seem very under staffed and staf didnt have a clue. Luckily we were on the 5th floor so weren't effect by the noise but some people had to be moved at 3.00am because of the noise from the night club opposite.

A depressing hotel, would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel, if you have no choice ask for 5th floor overlooking rail lines as no noise f...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Sam B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Anna K,

Thank you for leaving feedback on TripAdvisor, we appreciate all feedback we receive either positive or negative.

I am sorry to hear that your stay wasn't to your satisfaction. I would like to discuss the issues raised further with you. Could you please call me at the hotel on 01793 602 000 alternatively please email me to operations@exhiswindon.co.uk.

Yours faithfully,

Andrej Katona
Operations Manager

Travellers are raving about these Swindon hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here for one Sunday night recently. Room was comfortable and clean. Free breakfast was fine. The staff were friendly and helpful.
The hotel is near the town centre and well placed for the railway museum, national trust offices etc and there's some interesting parts of Swindon nearby.
There is no parking, but we parked in the nearby car park that serves the railway station.
All in all, a pleasant, if unexceptionable place.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Sam B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Good afternoon

Thank you very much for taking the time and the trouble to write a Trip Advisor review for our hotel. I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre.

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed here while visiting family in Swindon. The hotel is convenient for the train station and city centre. The bedrooms are comfortable with a choice of firm and soft pillows, tv with the usual channels and shower and toilet.

Breakfast is included in the price and this is buffet style hot continental. They have tea, coffee, juices. As for food they have toast, cereal, pastries, sausage, scrambled egg and baked beans. They had vegetarian options on request.

All in all a good hotel for use as a base for doing other things in and around Swindon.

Room Tip: The higher you are the less noise you will hear.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ian B
Sam B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, 14 August 2014

horndean
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Very helpful staff in a hotel that is central to Swindon however it's lack of parking and very noisy neighbours on a Thursday night do not make it a desirable location. I did not partake in the food available on offer however it was reasonably priced.

Stayed July 2014
Sam B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Good afternoon

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I will certainly share your comments with our team who I know will be delighted to hear that their efforts have been recognised.

I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Best regards

Uk
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stay here often. But disappointed, room was ok but hotel was full of kids and tourists queuing out the door after parked car. 2 coaches blocked my car in too. Glad checked in before they arrived. Don't use the iron unless you want yellow stains on your clothes. Needs replacing. The lighting in rooms is terrible for getting ready. My main complaint as I told reception was a cleaner came into room at 8.30 & woke us, don't check out til 11. Due to this asked if could have extended time, was told only half hour as hotel was booked...then at 11 the cleaver came back in to which this time I told her u had spoke to reception and was leaving at 11.30 & that was second time we had been disturbed. She said I should put do not disturb sign out to which I replied after a night out to expect me to come home and think oh lets out the sign out. Big time lack of communication. On complaining no offer of refund or anything other than being asked what did the cleaner look like ? Well surely they should know who cleans which rooms? It wasn't a relaxing stay which was a shame as I was unwell anyway. Needs updating and more senior staff members for problems. It was chaos outside with the arrivals a member if staff should of been out there. I wish I could say something more positive. The breakfast was scrambled egg, sausage, beans and toast if anyone's expecting bacon you'll be disappointed. The area is good and well policed but sadly not the hotel this time

• Stayed July 2014
Good afternoon

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, I am saddened to learn that your recent stay did not meet your expectations.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience overall, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am sorry that you did not have a great stay with us and I hope that these issues do not stop you staying with us in the future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Good value accommodation in city centre. Parking is not on site but I parked overnight for £2 just up the road. Rooms are of the standard you would expect from this chain so no complaints. Staff are friendly. Dinner was good value - I had a lovely plate of fish and chips and paid considerably less than I had expected. I left early so did not experience breakfast but I was able to grab a yogurt and some fruit from the buffet in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Good afternoon

It is pleasing to hear that our rooms met your expectations and our food offering was good value for money. I will certainly share your comments with our team who I know will be delighted to hear that their efforts have been recognised.

I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.