I had stayed at this hotel a year ago and had nothing but praise for it. We had been on the top floor and everything was peaceful and quiet with extremely clean rooms and good service.
This time , however, was a totally different experience. Perhaps due to being a weekend visit instead of midweek?
The room was clean, and breakfast was fine. Though we did go quite early and avoided the bigger queues.
My main complaint was of the noise and "couldn't care less" attitude of the night receptionist. I asked for extra pillows due to a medical condition, but was told there were none to be had, and that the receptionist was on her own so couldn't look anyway. (Which was it?) So I spent the night in a lot of discomfort despite the bed being actually very comfy.
The noise from the streets went on ALL NIGHT, until well past 6am. But worse was to come from the guests arriving back at all hours, shouting at one another and even at one point demonstrating a complete disregard for property by smashing fittings in their rooms, or the corridors. I don't know which it was but it sounded like a whole bathroom suite had been smashed. Then there were further rows going on about whom was to blame..
I am reluctant to condemn the hotel based on this one night but I would recommend it for midweek visits only perhaps, to avoid the worst excesses of your fellow guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Swindon City Centre is a new modern hotel offering a bar, restaurant and 6 modern meeting rooms. Each modern guest room is spacious and offers power shower, cosy beds and plasma-screen LCD satellite TV. Complimentary Hot Continental Breakfast is included in the rate. Relax in the lounge area, with 2 large screen TVs. Enjoy a prime location in the Swindon City Centre, only minutes away from shops and attractions such as STEAM Museum, Outlet Village or Oasis Leisure Centre. The Swindon Rail Station and the Central bus station are a brief walk away. Pop in a train or a bus and visit the historical towns of Bath, Oxford, Cirencester, Wotton Basset, Cippenham or Bristol.Located close to one of the most important ancient routes in the UK - The Ridgeway. At 85 miles long and 6000 years old, it offers some of the finest walking, cycling and horse riding experiences in the UK. Walk a short way along The Ridgeway and you will find Barbury Castle, Wiltshires best Iron Age fort. Further along you will see the famous White Horses at Hackpen.Within touching distance are the delightful Cotswolds. This Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is world renowned for its rolling hills and hidden valleys. Most certainly a quintessential English landscape not to be missed. Only 15 minutes north is The Cotswolds Water Park. With 147 Lakes it offers canoeing, sailing, fishing windsurfing and waterskiing. Close to Avebury, Stonehenge and Westonbirt - The National Arboretum which is one of the most spectacular tree gardens in the world. Visit Castle Combe and Lacock Abbey, a National Trust property. Breathtaking scenery, prehistoric sites, the Cotswolds, castles, historic houses & gardens, Britain's largest water park and The Ridgeway-all a short distance from Swindon. With so much to see and do you must make Swindon your touring base! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre Hotel Swindon
- Holiday Inn Swindon
- Swindon Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre Wiltshire