“Fantastic pub.”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This was our first visit to this pub. On arrival we were greeted by friendly staff who were very accommodating for a family of four. They suggested we sat down and they brought the menus and drinks over. The interior of the pub was fashionable but homely and the menu was concise and had everything you wished for. The duck and the pork belly were absolutely gorgeous and the sticky toffee pudding was to die for. Service was excellent to say it was a busy Saturday night and that we had just walked in. We would definitely visit again.

Sking68, Owner at The Cross Keys, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. The pork belly is our top selling dish great to hear why.

Thanks again and see you soon

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My wife and I have eaten several times at the pub since it opened. The decor and ambience is great and the staff are friendly. On each occasion we thoroughly enjoyed our meal, and I'd certainly recommend the duck and belly of pork as they were outstanding. We have recommended the pub to our friends and family and will certainly go back.

Sking68, Owner at The Cross Keys, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Thanks for your review Mark, we really appreciate your time in doing so.

Hopefully see you again soon

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Went to lunch with a friend, first time there since the new management took over. Impressed with decor and food and the ambiance they are tring to achieve, but when we looked at the bill the beer prices were unbelievable. This must be the most expensive pint in Swindon, and I include all the major hotels in the area.

It somewhat put a dampner on the lunch. Sorry happy to pay my way but think the beer prices are way over the top.

Sking68, Owner at The Cross Keys, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review and I'm really happy you enjoyed your meal.

Drinks pricing is always a contentious issue but we have tried to make our range as wide as possible with draught pints sold between £3.60-£5.00 of course based on what we purchase the product for.

I hope this explains our pricing further, many thanks

Reviewed 5 March 2014

After reading the great reviews I was expecting a top class meal but sadly i was wrong.
Don't get me wrong the pub was very clean, really nicely decorated and the furnishings were top notch.
I was really expecting something special with the food but I'm afraid not. I was disappointing with the quantity & quality of the food considering how pricey the food was.

Would i return?
I doubt it

I'm very sorry you were disappointed with your visit, our team have worked very hard to avoid such disappointment and we are genuinely distraught.

I'd love to understand exactly what went wrong, if you have the time contact me via
Info@crosskeyswanborough.com in order that we don't make the same mistake again.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We had my parents 50th wedding anniversary here,there were 19 of us in total ! The service and the food was excellent and nothing was to much trouble! We will be recommending this pub to everyone we know.

Sking68, Owner at The Cross Keys, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Nikki, Thank you for taking the time to review us, we loved having you at the Cross Keys and hope to see you again soon