“100% better”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was the second time that I've visited the cross keys. I was not very happy with the meal on our first visit. But as the title says this meal was 100% better.
The staff were really friendly and very helpful and couldn't do enough for us. As for the meal I had the mushroom starter and this was delicious. I really enjoyed the pork belly main meal also.

Would I return?
Yes I would

Sking68, Owner at The Cross Keys, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review, we really appreciate it. Really pleased you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Went on Sunday lunch time.the place has been done up lovely,clean and fresh.Nice touch in ladies toilets fresh flowers.I chose the pork roast.it was cold.The only bit on my plate that was hot was the roast potatoes.The Yorkshire pudding was overcooked.One good thing the pork was nice.the other meals were enjoyed by my family.also I think the sweets were overpriced.the staff were very attentive and polite.

I'm sorry your pork wasn't hot and surprised that our team didn't pick it up straight away with you. Sunday has become our busiest day and roasts are very important to us which is doubly disappointing. We will watch out more closely in the future

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Visited here for a cheeky bite to eat on a Monday night...tasty food, reasonably priced, lovely surroundings and the landlady was very friendly. Will be heading back here again soon! Hubby felt slightly underdressed in jeans and a t-shirt...however its defo a village pub with a nice dining room. They also have offers on their foods. We had 2 pizzas for a tenner, freshly made! Recommended!!

Sking68, Owner at The Cross Keys, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review us really glad you enjoyed the pizzas. Hopefully see you again soon

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I went to the Cross Keys Wanborough with some friends on a Friday night for a meal with some nice wine. I have to say I was so impressed with the whole experience that I have written my first Trip Advisor review.
First of all the refurb they have done is lovely. The atmosphere is busy but not loud and the surroundings very comfortable. The staff were really attentive and the manager Russel was happy to recommend a stunning bottle of wine for our table as we couldn't decide!
To eat I had the new beetroot and goats cheese starter which had a great dressing and tuna steak and tabbouleh for main which was fantastic - all it needed was a wedge of lemon for added taste! My friends went with the burger and home cut, home made chips!
Overall I was so impressed with the visit, especially as there are lots of gastro pubs which just don't deliver the quality in the food or service to match the surroundings. This definitely exceeded it. Thanks so much to the team for looking after us!

Thanks for the review we really appreciate you taking the time to do it, don't be a stranger!!!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We had been to the Cross Keys last year only to find it had just had a refit and was about to have its grand re-opening that evening! We decided to give it a try after a family outing to Coate Water Park and weren't disappointed.

The pub has been very nicely refurbished, all the dark old wood has gone and there is now a more open, cleaner look with wood and sisal flooring, lovely furniture (including some copper topped tables) and interesting items displayed.

We arrived a few minutes before they opened and were just deciding what to do when the doors were opened. We were seated in the restaurant area and our little granddaughter quickly found the conservatory which she enjoyed trotting round!

The menu isn't huge but it is varied and the food was good when it came. We tried the burger, the fish and chips and the duck leg - all of which were pronounced very good. We didn't have puddings as the little one was tired and needed her nap but we would certainly go back again!

Sking68, Owner at The Cross Keys, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us we really appreciate it.

Hope to see you again soon.