“Lovely food,service and ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Cross Keys

The Cross Keys
Ranked #86 of 434 Restaurants in Swindon
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Lovely food,service and ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

As a family we have visited the cross numerous times and never been disappointed . The service is always punctual and pleasant and the choice of local fresh food is always vast. As we have noticed improvements are being made with the outside we are looking forward to dining in the summer on the new patio area.

The fish and chips I have had a couple of times and has always been light and crispy batter with lovely home cooked chips, I have also chosen the belly of pork which was lovely.
The puddings are also to die for.
We will continue to use Cross Keys as this is most certainly one of our favourite family restaurants to dine.

• Visited April 2014
Sking68, Owner at The Cross Keys, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us, were really grateful and hope to see you again soon

“100% better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

This was the second time that I've visited the cross keys. I was not very happy with the meal on our first visit. But as the title says this meal was 100% better.
The staff were really friendly and very helpful and couldn't do enough for us. As for the meal I had the mushroom starter and this was delicious. I really enjoyed the pork belly main meal also.

Would I return?
Yes I would

Visited April 2014
Sking68, Owner at The Cross Keys, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review, we really appreciate it. Really pleased you enjoyed your visit.
wiltshire
“sunday meal with family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Went on Sunday lunch time.the place has been done up lovely,clean and fresh.Nice touch in ladies toilets fresh flowers.I chose the pork roast.it was cold.The only bit on my plate that was hot was the roast potatoes.The Yorkshire pudding was overcooked.One good thing the pork was nice.the other meals were enjoyed by my family.also I think the sweets were overpriced.the staff were very attentive and polite.

• Visited April 2014
Sking68, Owner at The Cross Keys, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
I'm sorry your pork wasn't hot and surprised that our team didn't pick it up straight away with you. Sunday has become our busiest day and roasts are very important to us which is doubly disappointing. We will watch out more closely in the future
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Definitely new and improved”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Visited here for a cheeky bite to eat on a Monday night...tasty food, reasonably priced, lovely surroundings and the landlady was very friendly. Will be heading back here again soon! Hubby felt slightly underdressed in jeans and a t-shirt...however its defo a village pub with a nice dining room. They also have offers on their foods. We had 2 pizzas for a tenner, freshly made! Recommended!!

• Visited March 2014
Sking68, Owner at The Cross Keys, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review us really glad you enjoyed the pizzas. Hopefully see you again soon
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Friday night venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I went to the Cross Keys Wanborough with some friends on a Friday night for a meal with some nice wine. I have to say I was so impressed with the whole experience that I have written my first Trip Advisor review.
First of all the refurb they have done is lovely. The atmosphere is busy but not loud and the surroundings very comfortable. The staff were really attentive and the manager Russel was happy to recommend a stunning bottle of wine for our table as we couldn't decide!
To eat I had the new beetroot and goats cheese starter which had a great dressing and tuna steak and tabbouleh for main which was fantastic - all it needed was a wedge of lemon for added taste! My friends went with the burger and home cut, home made chips!
Overall I was so impressed with the visit, especially as there are lots of gastro pubs which just don't deliver the quality in the food or service to match the surroundings. This definitely exceeded it. Thanks so much to the team for looking after us!

• Visited March 2014
Sking68, Owner at The Cross Keys, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thanks for the review we really appreciate you taking the time to do it, don't be a stranger!!!