“Talon!”

Wyvern Theatre
Ranked #7 of 62 things to do in Swindon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are the Wyvern Theatre in Swindon. A 635 seat venue hosting musicals, comedy, plays and gigs.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift, Activities for young children
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Saw the excellent Eagles tribute Band Talon, our fourth time of watching these guys live , great nights entertainment with great music , well done guys yet again, and thank you Wyvern theatre for getting these guys back

SwindonTheatres, Guest Relations Manager at Wyvern Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Talon never fail to deliver a great night of music over and over again. I am sure they will be back in the future.

Customer Service Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,128)
All reviews
"very enjoyable evening"
"car park"
in 36 reviews

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Went in here for the first time last night to see a band called Talon, an Eagles tribute, I travel all around the UK following these guys. Anyway, never been here before but upon entering i thought to myself it was a really nice venue that honestly hasn't got a bad seat in there, so it really doesn't matter where you sit. Liked at the brochure while waiting to go in, got a wide selection of shows.

Thanks for taking the time to rate and review your trip. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your first visit and really hope it isn't the last

Customer Services Manager

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Concert by Talon, an Eagles tribute group..
Excellent concert by a clever professional group. Really got the the audience going.

Thanks for the 5 stars, it's always a pleasure to have TALON with us and we look forward to welcoming that back soon

Reviewed 6 January 2018

Loved it (again) - we always go on New Year's Eve and it is a great way to see out the year. Sat in the front and got picked on - loved that too :) . Great story, well engineered - and the familiar set pieces were very enjoyable (e.g. the 'interacting motions' song - funny and clever; the bonkers gorillas bit... even the soaking).

Loads of non-PC elements with lashings of cultural appropriation - brilliant. Booked for next year before we went, and yes we will not be in the front row as Smee predicted... which is a pity :)

SwindonTheatres, Guest Relations Manager at Wyvern Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

It's fantastic to hear that you have already booked to come back to see Aladdin, we already miss panto and are excite for it oursevles

Have a great 2018

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 January 2018

Wow! Wow! Wow! Where do I start! Had the most amazing new years eve in panto land! Travelled from Teesside as a massive Adam Woodyatt fan and was not disappointed! The show was five star plus and was full of fun, laughter, jokes, songs and very funny bits! The cast were all amazing and were outstanding! I am telling everyone about my experience and a week later I am still buzzing, wishing I could go again!
I would like to thank all the staff at the Wyvern who were polite, attentive and helped me when I phoned up, emailed and asked questions. Also a big shout out to the ushers who were funny on my arrival. I even had staff, on the night and a few days after who helped me to get two big posters from the show!( one of them, Ellie, even phoned me! ) and I couldn't thank them enough for their time and in helping me!
A huge big shout out to Derek the Director of the theatre who was just outstanding and is an absolute credit to your team. He replied to my emails and chatted to me throughout my visit to the theatre. He is just the best and he sorted out a shout out in the show for me! He also was amazing in letting Adam know I was here and wanting to meet him. He did his upmost best for me, helping with everything, and I cannot thank him enough. finally to Adam Woodyatt who took time out to speak to me and have photos taken , not only once but twice! You made a mega fan who travelled a long way very happy!
The Wyvern theatre is just an amazing place with amazing staff! I just hope that I get to come again and spend more time with these people who where just the best! I am still taking about my last visit two years ago and now I am talking about this visit! I have nothing but praise and thanks from everyone involved in making my new year amazing!!! Thank you everyone in Swindon and of course to Adam too! xx

What a glowing review! Thank you so much and on behalf of all of us at the Wyvern we wish you all the best for 2018