“terrible smelly place”

Oasis Leisure Centre
Ranked #40 of 58 things to do in Swindon
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I finally gave in and braved the cold water for the sake of my daughter. I gave in and visited the oasis, I had not been for a few years, and it was still as dirty and cold as always. the pool toilets are disgusting and stink of fish. the pool is cold and then they blast out even more freezing water at you in the pool. the small pool with kids slides are nice and it looks nice. I just do not enjoy going swimming where my fingers are blue. I hope the re vamp will change my opinion soon.

2  Thank megholly
"wave pool"
"great pool"
"small pool area"
in 3 reviews
"great fun for all the family"
"family ticket"
"free parking"
"waves"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Today was probably my worst swimming experience ever. I went with my 5 year old son and we had a great time as we always do, but the venue itself was a shambles from start to end. We arrived at 1.45pm on Sat 8th Feb. I expected it to be busy but people were queuing outside in the cold for what seemed like an eternity. I would def have left if my son not been so keen to swim. In my opinion nobody should have to queue outside waiting to go for a 1 hour swim. During this time somebody came round to tell us that the wave machine wasn't working (neither was it working the last time we visited). On the way in there was no questions about whether we had visited before and no guidance as to how we would know when our swimming time was up. Luckily I knew from experience to keep looking out for the lifeguards walking around with pieces of paper with colours written on them. I haven't seen the large 'time remaining board' work since I was a boy myself and I can't understand a single word of the tannoy announcements. The changing rooms were shabby at best and we found our key didn't work in the precious few lockers that were not 'out of order'. Even the assistant struggled to find a locker for us as our swimming time was ticking away. The large water slide (the one that has no signage advising that parents and children cannot ride together) was out of order. After our swim we decided to try the drying machine for the first time seeing as we couldn't find any warm showers. Much to my sons disappointment that was also out of order. To top it off the only family changing room I could find available had a broken lock. How the Oasis can charge what they do for such an abysmal experience is beyond me. I have been a customer since I was a child myself but have never seen the place in such a poor state of repair. It raises concerns for me about the cleanliness of the place.

7  Thank Geeza_25
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Its such a pity that standards have been allowed to slip. The potential here is fantastic as its got a ready made audience with the inhabitants of Swindon, and all the surrounding villages but quite simply its tatty, very tatty! The changing rooms and lockers need refurbishment but the saving grace is the slides, I also thought that the prices were a little steep and wondered why some of the revenue had not been recycled back into the upkeep of the place,

3  Thank geronimo1049
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The domebuster slides are still the only decent thing about the Oasis. It's now privatised so expensive to hire courts (about £9) and swim (£6 adult). They are putting in a new gym, great for gym users, but the swimming pool is still stuck in the 70's when it was built! The changing rooms are so old and battered too. Let;s hope the new improvements extend to the swimming pool soon.

2  Thank bambievater
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

In the changing rooms there are clumps of hair, soggy pieces of food and mould on the floor. It is virtually impossible to find any working lockers. There was a stream of dirt and only god knows what travelling through the drains on the floor. The curtains on the cubicles were ripped, broken and with holes theought them. The showers only produced a cold dribble . For eight to sixteen year olds there are these really fun slides. However on the day the main attraction the big slide the curls around the dome was out of use which was a big shame. Every five minutes there is a wave stimulator designed to drown you. I wouldn't recommend for the little kids as I saw a couple crying. These waves are so forceful that I was swept of my feet and banged my head on the side.
The cafe's food is disgusting. I ordered some chicken nuggets which were absolutely inedible.
Never again